Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Volume 4 Interviews: Mark Paniccia (editor)

Default Article: The Volume 4 Interviews: Mark Paniccia (editor) - *Lots of new art*

I absolutely adore that #3 Variant!
    I love the way Mac's blood forms the second half of the 'distressed' Maple Leaf.
    I'm so happy with this creative team so far.
    Marvel have been spot on with everything this time round.
    Always good to see editorial love for the team/title!

I may be reading into it but on the #3 variant, it seems as if Marrina's arm is draped over Mac's chest in a suggestive way - as if they are in a lover's embrace. Probably they were fighting, both got clocked and just fell over wherever they were, but there's no way to draw bodies like that with limbs crossed over each other without making it look suggestive. I wonder if there's something going on with her and Mac? The little plodex ****!! I knew it!!

The image of Aurora doing the one-two punch is great - you get the starburst on her LEFT hip on punch one and then the next punch, she's completely turned around - a nice touch!

This interview was awesome, but one thing posted seems a little spoiler-ish. I wish I hadn't seen it! Maybe it's not as big of a deal as it appears...

I can see what you're saying, but to me it's just the same as the #4 standard, only from a different angle.
    I don't think it's the end for him, just a badly fought battle.

Speculative, nothing more, but if the covers are scenes of the same battle then the only one not seen unconcious is Heather. Probably nothing.

Possibly.
    I see it as the arm on the #4 regular cover has been blanked out for now to hide the identity of the traitor so it's got to be a pretty big deal...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I can see what you're saying, but to me it's just the same as the #4 standard, only from a different angle.
    I don't think it's the end for him, just a badly fought battle.
    Depends on if that's the spoilerish thing or not. There's at least one other pic that could be described that way.

AF.net - Fans have a dream to see one last Byrne cover. Any chance of reaching out to him for a variant? (again, a fan dream )
    MP: Oh, his covers were great. I have the same kind of dreams as you, Ben.
    Nice answer. Very... diplomatic.

- Le Messor
    "We do not necessarily improve with age: for better or worse we become more like ourselves."
    ~ Peter Hall

I like to think of it as more suggestive than spoilerish. Without speech balloons or definitive text the pics can be open to interpretation.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I like to think of it as more suggestive than spoilerish. Without speech balloons or definitive text the pics can be open to interpretation.
    Yup, definitely.
    Just sayin', I don't know which panel Ahab referred to originally.

- Le Messor
    "It is better to live rich than to die rich."
    ~ Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Yup, definitely.
    Just sayin', I don't know which panel Ahab referred to originally.

- Le Messor
    "It is better to live rich than to die rich."
    ~ Samuel Johnson
    I think I was referring to the other panel that you were referring to.

That could quite easily come down to mind-control, clones or just general Alphan-esque disfunctionality!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That could quite easily come down to mind-control, clones or just general Alphan-esque disfunctionality!
    I'm figuring the last. It looks like it's in a training room, after all, which implies that to me. Somehow.

Also, if it was a genuine spoiler, would they have posted it?

Also also, Van Lente has always made a huge deal out of a feud between two of those (and they've both been said to be in love with the third), so... (and Pak and Van Lente have worked together on Alpha.)

- Le Messor
    "Enthusiasm is the greatest asset in the world. It beats money, power, and influence."
    ~ Henry Chester

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Also also, Van Lente has always made a huge deal out of a feud between two of those (and they've both been said to be in love with the third), so... (and Pak and Van Lente have worked together on Alpha.)
    Now you've lost me

Images

The troubles of talking spoiler-free. well, no more!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    I
    S
    H

The image shows Aurora decking Snowbird and Guardian.
    Van Lente has usually shown a bitter, nasty feud between Aurora and Snowbird (I don't know where he gets it from, but it's in First Class, among other things).
    Both Aurora and Snowbird have been said to have a crush on Guardian. (Heather: "If I see that hussy making eyes at you once more..." Mac: "Aurora's... troubled." The Snowbird never really showed up in the comics, but Birdysue told us that Byrne told her about it.)

- Le Messor
    "A hedge between keeps friendships keen."
    ~ German proverb