Thread: Alpha Flight (Vol.4) #1 Review Compilation Thread

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I can't speak for others, but in my case (and it's my quote you used), I say they're unprofessional if they make inaccurate statements.
    That's fair.
    On the other side, I've read professional reviews with wildly inaccurate statements. My favourite being (spoilers for a 1994 movie here) a review of Star Trek: Generations in a local paper that included the phrase 'You know how this ends; the galaxy is saved, Kirk lives...'
    I thought they'd be expected to watch the movie before reviewing it.

As for the word serviceable (re: your comment on another thread), it bothers me because of its dismissive nature.
    Again, that's fair. My comments weren't based on you being bothered by it being dismissive, but I got the impression that (note my usual state of confusion) you didn't think it was deliberately so - hence why my answer. That it was.
    I do think Dale's art is much better than serviceable, btw.

If you look more closely, by the way, you'll see there are many reviews on which I don't comment. They can be negative reviews, as long as their criticisms are legitimate and supported by evidence.
    I just got back after a month to find sixty threads I hadn't read.
    Let's just say I haven't read all those reviews, and I'm now an unprofessional reviewer of your reviews of their reviews...
    Wow, how meta can we get?

Also, I've long thought we do need professional review reviewers.

- Le Messor
    "Two rights don’t make a wrong, they make an airplane."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I just got back after a month to find sixty threads I hadn't read.
    Let's just say I haven't read all those reviews, and I'm now an unprofessional reviewer of your reviews of their reviews...
    Wow, how meta can we get?

Also, I've long thought we do need professional review reviewers.
    [/FONT]
    so, that being said, lets look at the nature of this site. It is the ultimate expression of opinions of Alpha Flight fans. That being said, we will always be skewed towards support of the title. That being said, no opinion, review, or commentary will ever be dismissed here, unless it violates site protocols (which are very liberal, but are limited by site regulations on slander, and anti-family-friendly content). Should a review be written that gives negative view on any matterial, it will be published, as long as it does not violate site regulations.