I would have preferred to see Heather NOT brainwashed, but to see the character acting on her own under different motivations
Brainwashing is most effective if it incorporates elements of the victim’s desires, so the custody of Clair could indicate that this was a long range plan. That would also explain why the custody went to distant cousins rather than Heather’s parents or one of her 6(/) siblings.
That approach to brainwashing is shown in the tracts on Marrina and Shaman.
I disliked the abuse reveal of Aurora almost as much as Suzene did. Unnecessary and almost trite with her established Catholic past. Hopefully they will swipe this as part of the brainwashing that the "programmers" guessed wrong at. They knew J-M was abused, so made an erroneous assumption on the nature of the abuse. To me, the psychological abuse that J-M has suffered in the past remains far more horrifying than any sexual abuse could be, because you know it wasn’t an incident but how she was raised THROUGHOUT childhood. I never saw sexual context in Byrne’s stories, but a logical expansion of nuns with corrective rulers taken to the extreme. To the detriment and harm of the child. Nd when faced with a elf-eared girl that could fly, the nuns did not come off as evil in that story.
As far as the idea of Walt being an abuser of Aurora...JEANNE-MARIE may see it that way. She never chose to involve herself with him, AURORA did.
I don’t know if I remember correctly, but didn’t Tanaraq (sic) take the form that Walt created during his attempt to make himself into a Hulk figure? This allowed Snowbird to take the form because it was created in Canada. It also means that gamma rays were part of that creation, so Walt’s defeat is credible by my path of logic.
I’m still not liking the "Purple Woman" name over "Persuasion."
Just by body language, I thought the shadowy figure on #4 was Aurora from the first time I saw it. I think Jeanne-Marie and Aurora will be on different teas.