Thread: I'm back!

Cool I'm back!

I swore myself off all things Marvel, but... *sigh* Been all nostalgic lately! When I heard Alpha Flight is kind of back, I figured I'd come around and see if any of the familiar faces are still here. I plan on looking for the new books soon. Is it very good?
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Wow, now there's a blast from the past!
    How're things?

I'm enjoying the new book personally. It's not perfect, and it's very much a modern dark & gritty book, but at the same time it's the closest the team's ever been to Byrne, both in writing and artwork.

Hiya, now this is a pleasant surprise. Great to see your name up there. As for the new book, gotta agree with Phil, the best Alpha have been since Byrne left.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ...it's the closest the team's ever been to Byrne, both in writing and artwork...
    Um... Not to mention that other tiny littly detail: it's the first time since Byrne that the team he created was in the series.

- Le Messory
    "I’d love to, but I’ll be looking for a parking space."

Thank you for the welcome back, everyone! I hope I start running in to some more of your familiar faces, too. The Alpha Flight community was always the nicest and funnest fan community I've counted myself among. An especially rare thing in a geekdom like comics, where there's usually at least a few obnoxious power hungry types who get mod-ship and start making too many rules and biasly enforcing them on only fans they disagree with, etc. But everyone in Alpha fandom is just so surprisingly cool, supportive, and laid back.

My life is pretty boring most of the time... I still work at Jewel Osco, which sucks. I'm mostly a pretty content and happy looser. XD Though I swear management at work are just conspiring to make me rage-flip lately. I finally got out of the front-end (bagging groceries, bringing in carts, and the like) and preferred facing shelves in the back. But Tony, who is the biggest BSer I've met to date, picked me out of everyone to give a hard time. Seriously, I was doing everything right, but he'd give me random chores to do without giving me extra time, then would get all passive aggressive towards me over weather or not I could face all the isles. I did more than the others, so I don't see why he had a stick up his rear about me. Everyone I work with thinks it's weird too.

So yeah, they transferred me back up front without my consent, store director claiming they desperately need more quality workers in the front and that the back is fine. I then heard they moved one of the new guys from the front to fill my spot in the back. I almost got promoted to Cashier, but luckily the Store Director listened when I begged him not to promote me, because a pathetic little twenty or thirty cent raise is so not worth the stress of being stuck in one place doing one thing, and having to deal with every pissed off customer who gets in my line even when it's not my fault. With my temper I'd get myself fired in no time. The front end manager, Marry, is a tyrant about her view of customer service, which amounts to her wanting to let them treat us like complete **** because it makes her job easier if she doesn't have to deal with the store's problems.

Needless to say, I'm not in Marry's good graces ether. I think the lower management just don't like me because I know my rights and won't kowtow to them. Store manager and store director like me, though, and I'm a union member with seniority, so I'll be fine. At any rate, the way Marry is treating her workers, it might not take much more for us to picket. The store director and store manager are nice guys, but they are just running damage control what with Save On being our relatively new and incredibly ****ty parent company. Our store is falling apart around us and they don't want to give us the overhead to run things properly. We're all just numbers when it comes right down to it. So I don't really blame the director and store manager for being less than honest with me, as long as they aren't siding with the lower managers who really are just being... ridiculous lately.

I'm going to put fliers in the break room inviting everyone to meet up for a disgruntled worker's pizza party and to go see the movie 'Bad Bosses' together.

So anyhow, that's the drama in my life lately. Other than that I'm well and content. I'm enjoying the hell out of Minecraft, going out with friends every now and again, planning a Halloween party, and trying not to fight too much with my sister who moved back in. She's awesome except for when she's not. You know the type. lol I can be that type too, so it's all good... except for when it's not.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."

go see the movie 'Bad Bosses' together.
    lol
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Ok, just found out up front we're only getting the minimum 12 hours a week, while the facers are getting nearly twice that. **** will be flipped if they do not transfer me back to Grocery. *rage* Who even lives on 12 hours of work a week?! Ugh! Needed 'more quality workers' up front, my ass!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, I know what working retail is like.
    Actually, my store doesn't sound as bad as yours... mostly.
    Mostly.

If your bosses are getting up your nose, picket!

- Le Messor
    "Stamp out philately."

Definitely, but first, I would need enough people picketing with me.

And sadly, there's no way I could afford healthcare without the good union benefits I got with this ****ty job. I should move to ****ing Canada. -_- *sigh* If only my family and friends could move with me, I'd have filed the paperwork ages ago. The United States is ridiculous lately.

Sorry about the grumpy turn this thread has taken. But it is nice to talk about it. On Facebook I'd have to deal with relatives.

Definitely going to be fanning the flames of rebellion at work.

Welcome back, Sage.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Hey ES, welcome back! Sorry to hear thing are **** down there. Canada could always use another disgruntled person willing to stand up for their rights.