Thread: Good article on saving the industry

Threaded View

By 'infinite' titles, do we mean those god-awful infinity crusade/war cross-overs and special issues? I hated those. I remember picking up one because of the Alpha appearance, and the whole book was just a bunch of super powered characters standing around an observation deck scratching their heads, pretty much. Disgraceful.

If it's something that happened later than the mid-90's, then I missed it completely.

Yeah, the 90's marketing madness ruined Marvel for me, too. There were so many good series that were cancelled after long runs for no reason... tons of **** art on expensive glossy paper, and then they followed up by very suddenly going all dark and grim and anti-hero, and everyone switched from costumes to boring motocross leather suits because of the ****ty X-Men movies.

And nowadays their brilliant idea is to see how many places Wolverine can be in at once, e__e You can see why I just gave up completely.

Also, the only comic book shop in town closed down, and I don't have a car. The hobby shop stopped carrying comics because they said it was too much hassle and not profitable. I was getting the impression comic companies were starting to make their bottom line better on the backs of the shops that sell their books. If you put the only businesses that sell your merch out of business, how the hell do you stay profitable?

*edit*

Also, speculators and short-sellers should just be rounded up and culled, in my opinion. Look at what they do to the economy. The things they do are illegal for anyone who's not protected by working for the corrupt investment banks.
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 08-14-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?