Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
This was honestly not even in my thoughts when I came up with this idea. I just think that Mac, and Walter to a lesser extent, are scientists at heart. They were scientists before they were heroes, and became heroes only because of the circumstances surrounding their scienitific discoveries. I'd like to see them doing what they love to do, puttering around in the lab, helping humanity that way rather than always in pajamas or fur.

Doesn't mean they need to invent a new doohickie to save the day every comic issue. But how cool would it be to see one of them invent a solar-powered toaster, or popcorn that doesn't get stuck in your teeth? I dunno...I guess I just want that feeling that they have lives away from Alpha, lives that still make a difference. Both of them have lost so much since becoming heroes, wouldn't it be nice to get to regularly see them doing what they love to do?
Well, when you put it all logically and heartfelt at the same time like that...no.

Cerealously, I agree absolutely with what you put here. In comics, there is just too much of "scientist" meaning "I know everything". Once upon a time, Bruce Banner was 'merely' a nuclear physicist. Now he's building superconductive magnetic infindibulators out of ipods that can determine what Velveeta is actually made of. Or Tony Stark was once 'merely' an engineer, but is now a futurist who can well...predict the future. I would prefer, say, Mac building a car that uses electromagnetism as a perpetual motion energy source but not knowing why mixing mentos and diet coke causes a fizzy mess (though I know it is because the carbonation gnomes living in the bubbles have racist feelings about Dutch mints).