Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: X-Club #1 (of 5) Solicitation

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Marvel just had two big events that brought back dead characters, Lil should have been brought back in either of them.

Dana
    Unfortunately, with a cast of hundreds, the X books don't need any more peoples. And, if they did need one more, it'd be somebody popular (like Nightcrawler, 'returning' in X-Force). Without Fred and Greg interested in using her, I see no immediate hope for the revival of Lillian Crawley.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Good too see us all banning together to crush our own hopes. lol

And my old frustrations (understatement of the century) with Marvel are still a problem I see. I've only started paying attention to what is going on with Alpha. Still on '**** the X-verse' mode. Had no clue things have been as bad as they had been in the X-books. The X-writers should really just give Alpha their characters back and GTFO of the way. -_-
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

See, I disagree.
    I think the AF cast is big enough as it is.
    Having Jeffries & Lil join would just clutterth pages up too much.
    I like Jeffries within X-Club, and it would have been too soon to bring Lil back in Chaos War after she was killed in Necrosha.
    Finding the balance of having Madison actually acknowledge AF being alive again/help them out occasionally is where the trick lies, especially if he and Northstar see each other frequently.

I think the AF cast is big enough as it is.
    I agree. And think i mighta mentioned so in another thread.

I like Jeffries within X-Club
    Agree again. Leave him there! Just...
    having Madison actually acknowledge AF being alive again/help them out occasionally is where the trick lies, especially if he and Northstar see each other frequently.
    ...do that!

Seriously, I don't want him back in Alpha Flight. But ignoring that he is still active? Wouldn't Northstar have told them? Wouldn't there be ANY interest?

That said, I'd take Lil' back in Flight in a flash. Even just as an occasional helper.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Plus there is that whole fling with Heather to consider. Maybe he should visit AF when Wolvie does, that way all of Heather's exes are there to meet the "new" Heather.

I really don't thing his time with Heather needs rehashing.
    It was clear that both parties involved had moved on.

I never really cared too much for the Heather/Madisson pairing. It was about that time that he went from being the ordinary looking, blue collar type worker into a G.Q. model featured kind of guy. I like the fact that when J.B. started Alpha that it had ordinary-looking people who could do extraordinary things. It was a bonus charm quality to the book.

DIGGER

"I really don't thing his time with Heather needs rehashing."

Whereas, i really think Mac should have hit him. Seriously. It'd be a more 'real' reaction, than not having one.

I dunno.
    If I were Mac I wouldn't be fussed; Mac was presumed dead, Heather didn't just jump straight into bed with Madison, she grieved for a fairly long period of time and they were both over with by the time Mac came back on the scene and haven't done anything since.
    If I died I'd want my wife to be happy, and for a good man & friend to look after her.
    Madison's always been attracted to strong women and he fell for Heather in Vindicator the leader mode but eventually went back to Lil.
    I don't think Mac would be angry at him for it.

The Puck situation at the end of Vol.2 is much more awkward.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'd think Mac would react; though, like Phil, I wouldn't say by hitting Maddison. Necessarily.

Then again, have they met since Mac's return from the dead?
    Can't think of any time, off the top of my head.

- Le Messor
    Anya, on cursing guys:
    "I'd make them ugly, or a dog, or in love with President McKinley..."

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    FREG was told they couldn't use Madison Jeffries because he was a property of the X-books. I doubt this new series had anything to do with the Jeffries ban.
    Why do the X-Books need Madison Jeffries when they could substitute him for Forge! Bring Madison Jeffries back to Alpha!

My original thought was that Forge was the character intended to be used, but then Warren Ellis called dibs and killed him in Astonishing X-Men so Jeffries was substituted, however Jeffries being Canadian fits with the international team aspect and takes on the Wolverine role in the Giant Sized/All-New All-Different X-Men way that Beast assembled the X-Club.

Either way, I'm glad he was used.