Thread: Article: Alpha Flight To End With #8 *SPOILERS FOR #4* *UPDATED*

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I think the reason we're all so gut-wrenched about it is that Alpha Flight v4 is awesome. If it were 2nd rate or not enjoyable, or the art sucked, or the characters were off, or it weren't tied into the 30+ years of Alpha Flight history, or if Marvel hadn't made an effort, or if the creators were inaccessible.... we'd probably take this news with a nod and be *****ing at the writers and artists and whining about what could've been...

Instead, we hold the artists and writers so closely and dearly and desperately want more of the same. I think we're in a good place here. I bet FREG's ending to #8 will be a satisfying end.

Let's review:

Temporal copies: gone
    Claire: has a name
    Dead Alphans: resurrected credibly
    Puck: frakkin' awesome
    History of Alpha Flight: honored
    O Canada: Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
    Ranark: returned, worse than before!
    The Master: returned, still worse!
    Purple Girl: Purple Woman
    LGBT: Kyle is a real person. Northstar has a real boyfriend. Nod to Tim Fish of course.
    Marrina: has a personality now. Most love her. Including me. I love you Marrina.
    Gary Cody: returned. not sure if kidding
    Phil Jiminez covers: Awesome
    Signings, variants, the promo poster, 0.1 issue, video @ marvel.com, variant covers @ Fan Expo: Awesome
    Wolfie: Love you! XOXO

I hate that we didn't get an ongoing and hate that we got jerked around there with that announcement.. but we got a great deal. We won. No rage here. Satisfaction and the knowledge that we went out on a high note... which paves the way for v5 when it's right. I'm sure we'll get Alpha Flight back in some incarnation and I hope it's half as good as this time around.

Love,
    rplass
    Aww, thanks rplass! {{{HUG}}} That was a really nice recap -- and I love Marrina too! <3 I am definitely as bummed as you all are, if not more. I thought this team really SHONE, and it's a real shame that it can't keep going.

Woolf
    I never said I was objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Aww, thanks rplass! {{{HUG}}} That was a really nice recap -- and I love Marrina too! <3 I am definitely as bummed as you all are, if not more. I thought this team really SHONE, and it's a real shame that it can't keep going.

Woolf
    Wolfie,

This might be premature, but where can we see more of Dale's work in the future? If there is one thing I got most out of the series is how wonderful his craft is!

M