The comic featuring second stringers such as Torpedo would be the bimonthly Marvel Premiere which ran from 1972 to 1981.

Michael Stivak originally created the Torpedo Suit because the Dire Wraiths wanted a suit of armor to defeat Rom. Stivak got killed in a mighty Marvel misunderstanding with Daredevil. Brock Jones was then the second person to wear the Torpedo suit. He later appeared in Marvel Premiere 39 and 40.

I picked the late Torpedo as my avatar because:
1) Torpedo was my second favorite super hero until his death in Rom 50.
2) Bill Mantlo wrote Rom and then 3 years of Alpha Flight.
3) I didn't want use yet another avatar of Guardian, Sasquatch, Puck, Northstar, Jeffries, etc on the forum.

I am also a fan of Turbo (Mickey Musashi) and the New Warriors. In the first New Warriors series, Mickey Musashi and Michael Jeffries (no relation to Madison Jeffries) had acquired and shared the Torpedo suit until Michael got killed by Volx the Dire Wraith queen. You old school New Warriors fans should already know this

So is anyone else glad that Cullen Bunn, Matt Fraction, and Chris Yost remembered Witchfire and decided to include her in Sin's group of magically powered baddies?