image=[[Image:GuardianIII.jpg]]
|character_name=Guardian III
|real_name=James MacDonald Hudson
|debut=Alpha Flight #1 Vol.2
|affiliations=None
|past_affiliations=[[Alpha Flight]], [[Beta Flight]]
|status=Deceased
|aliases=[[Vindicator III]]
|relatives=James "Mac" MacDonald Hudson, ([[Guardian I]]), clone donor)
|height=
|weight=
|eyes=Brown
|hair=Black
|}}

==History==

Inducted into a new more secretive [[Department H]], under the auspices of [[Clarke Jeremy|General Clarke]]. Guardian III believed himself to be the real [[Guardian I|James Hudson]]. He had been informed that the reason he was only a 19 year old man was because of a mistake by [[Department H]]. He was told that years ago he had been critically injured by a berserk [[Wolverine]]. [[Department H]] had saved him with the use of technology obtained from the [[High Evolutionary]] that turned back time for an individual. The real [[Guardian I|James Hudson]] had gotten his battle suit incorporated into his body by [[Qwrlln]] race, loosing a great deal of humanity. The younger version was informed that he had come to [[Department H]] asking them to turn back time for him with the same technology they had used before in order to regain his humanity, and save his marriage. He was informed that there were complications in the procedure, and the clock got turned back too far, resulting in him being 19. Believing himself to be the real [[Guardian I|James Hudson]], he became the leader of [[Clarke Jeremy|Clarkes]] new [[Alpha Flight]]. This led to friction with his estranged wife [[Vindicator II|Heather]], especially as his memories of her were vague and there was some attraction with another [[Alpha Flight|Alphan]] [[Murmur]].

The pressures of leading [[Alpha Flight]] and the fact that he sometimes felt that his leadership was being undermined by more experienced members of the team, led to him being a harsh leader during some battle situations. During his tenure with [[Alpha Flight]] he fought many foes, including the [[Zodiac]], the [[Brass Bishop I|Brass Bishop]], and [[Departent H]]'s own power-mad leader, [[Clarke Jeremy|Jeremy Clarke]].

When the true {Guardian I|Guardian]] reappeared, the Synthoid/Clone 'Guardian III' accepted his status and became a valued member of a more independent [[Alpha Flight]]. Along with [[Guardian I|Guardian]], he was sent on a mission by [[Department H]] to ascertain the whereabouts of [[Kane Garrison|Garrison Kane]]. During this mission they were both captured by [[A.I.M.]] (Advanced Idea Mechanics). When [[Alpha Flight]] accompanied by [[Wolverine]] came to rescue the captives, everyone, but [[Wolverine]] was captured. [[Wolverine]] mananged to find the two Macs and released them. Guardian III utilised an [[A.I.M.]] battlesuit he had hijacked. The battlesuit was badly damaged during the rescue of the other [[Alpha Flight|Alphans]] by [[Modok]] the leader of [[A.I.M.]]. Unable to extricate himself in time, Guardian III was killed when the battlesuit exploded.

==Powers/Abilities==

Formerly, Guardian used a skintight technological suit, which allowed him to fly; fire energy blasts and had a personal force field for defense. Guardian III possessed the same battle suit as [[Guardian I]] and was capable of the same feats, however he isn't part cyborg even though later in Wolverine cameo he dispersed a E-M blasts without wearing the suit.

[[Image:Guardian1_7.jpg|left]]'''Battle Systems''': The Guardian suit is equipped with a powerful weapon systems, weapons include: electromagnetic projectors, down beam pulse, flare, ultrasound beam, graviton beam, concussion wave, and a dispersal beam. [[Vindicator II|Heather]] has even been shown to let out a single blast that combined all the various weapon systems together.

'''Strength''': While wearing the Guardian battlesuit, Hudson is able to lift 3.5 tons.

'''Cybernetic Link-up''': Mac with his suit, can use his cybernetic circuitry to tap into the interal systems of many comuter systems, even an alien ship. He hacked into the [[Plodex]] ship and gained information from it. While the cybernetic link was established, Guardian was able to continue to multitask on other operations, even noticing areas being blacked out, after after he and [[Northstar]] started to destroy the ship. Many years later The [[Avengers]] with [[Iron Man]] tried to do the same thing but it took them a lot more work and they didn't fully understand how the ship worked.

'''Durability''': The Guardian suit generates a powerful forcefield around the user that dampens inertia and absorbs energy. It has been shown to absorb E-M energies, Klaw's ultrasound attacks, etc. This is performed by rechanneling the extra energy though the power systems and can be sent back to the attacker much stronger than the original attack. The suit is very durable against brute strength, even taking hits from oponents such as [[Wendigo]], [[Colossus]], [[Wonderman]], and [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]] with little effect. [[Wolverine]]'s adamantium claws are also unable to penetrate the shield. Nightcrawler tried to teleport Guardian from the air to the ground, but the electromagnetic battle suit refused to be displaced, and Nightcrawler had to let Guardian go. Nightcrawler refered to trying to telepot Guardian, "like fire through me" and was severly weakened by his failed attempt.

'''E-M Abilities''': Sometimes reffered to as a "cybernetic god" or "artificial [[Magneto]]", The Guardian suit has a variety and powerful electro-magnetic abilities. After Mac had come back as a cyborg, he could control and override all electromagnetic frequencies once he had accessed the wavelength. That even included an imposter [[Doctor Doom|Dr. Doom]]'s force field, neural patterns, etc. He could manipulate electromagnetic fields in several ways:
*Charged electrostatic particles: Used as another form of a shield, which can be used to dissipate plasma emissions.
*Electromagnetic Barrier: Guardian and [[Guardian III|Vindicator III]] [Mac's clone] errected an E-M barrier that was strong enough to contain a nuclear explosion
*Electromagnetic Dispersal Beam: Used as an EMP to shut down a [[Latverian Freedom Fighter]]'s armor.
*Electromagnetic Field: Used to disrupt neural signals, preventing people from moving
*Invisible Electromagnetic Wall: Used against speedsters, the Guardian suit can make a invisible wall that speedsters will collide into. It knocked out [[Northstar]] instantly.
*Neural Frequencies: Once a neural frequency is attained; Mac can actually block telepathic attacks and release those under its control. He can even protect his teammates from further telepathic attacks. He did this against [[Headlok]] a West Coast Avengers villain

[[Image:Guardian1_8.jpg|right]]'''E-M Blasts''': The Guardian battle suit can release concussive energy from it's gauntlets, equivalent to 250 lbs. of TNT. Thes blasts are strong enough to instantly incinerate various objects, eg. Mac incinerated a car when [[Wendigo]] threw one at him. Another test of the weapon capabilities is when [[Vindicator II|Heather]] used electromagnetic plasma blasts in killing [[Snowbird]] in [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]] form in one blast. Most impressive yet, in the [[Qwrlln]] dimension [[Alpha Flight]] and The [[Avengers]] were battling a weakened [[Galactus]]. Mac had let out a blast that even took down the cosmic being himself, thus putting an end to the battle.

'''Graviton Beam''': The suit can lift various objects off the ground without physically by sending an E-M field around the object. This powerful field has caught a car and a school bus in mid-air. People are also suseptable to this form of attack.

'''Flare''': The Guardian battle suit can cast a bright light that can blind a person much like what [[Northstar]] and [[Aurora]] are capable of (though to a lesser degree). The full power of the flare was never stated.

[[Image:Guardian1_9.jpg|left]]'''Plasma Funnel''': This can be used to snuf out flames, or used as a independent prison that can be held together even if the user isn't focusing on it. [[Vindicator II|Heather]] used this to trap [[Gobyln]], who was not able to free herself.

'''Speed''': The Guardian suit allows the user to travel speeds of Mach 1, yet has been shown to be able to surpass that. However, perhaps his most spectacular power was his ability to suspend his positioning to the Earth while it literally turned under him, allowing him to travel West at high speed depending on his latitude positioning. With this "shunt" Mac reaches up 18.5 miles per second. Escape velocity [mach 32.7] is 7 miles per second. This power can be used over long distances.

'''Teleportation''': After the upgrade from [[Qwrlln]] they put a fail-safe in Mac incase [[Galactus]] ever came for them. He was their secret weapon and was instructed to bring various superheroes to battle against the world-eater. He has been shown to teleport 9 people into the dimension where the [[Qwrlln]] were hiding.

[[Tracking Systems]]: The Guardian suit is equipped with a sophisticated tracking systems, such as: Radar, Sonar, Infrared, Computer projection, Energy patterns, and vapor trail. As well as [[Vindicator II|Heather]]?s visor displayed maps, GPS, flight path, etc all in her view screen.

'''Ultrasound Beam''': The suit can generate powerful sonic blasts that can cause a target to experience great pain. The sonics can disorient the target and however, if applied for to long can cause long-term damage to the target.

[[Image:Guardian1_10.jpg|right]]'''Wormhole''': When Mac's power battery was damaged in the battle with [[Omega Flight]], he had to remove it before it exploded. In order to save his wife and himself he activated the suit's fail-safe system and ignited the suit's ultimate expression of its electromagnetic gravitational capabilities. Mac was teleported at faster-than-light-speeds and was thrust into the space-time continuum. He came to rest on [[Ganymede]], the largest of the Jupiter's moons. It not only teleported him millions of miles away, but thousands of years into the past.

[[Category:Alpha Flight]]