image=[[Image:Vindicator_II.jpg]]
|character_name=Vindicator II
|real_name=Heather MacNeil Hudson
|debut=Uncanny X-Men #139
|affiliations=None
|past_affiliations=[[Alpha Flight]], [[Alpha Prime]], [[Alpha Strike]]
|status=Fugitive
|aliases=[[Guardian II]]
|relatives=[[MacNeil Clair|Claire MacNeil]] (mother), [[MacNeil Becky|Becky MacNeil]] (sister), James MacDonald Hudson ([[Guardian I]] husband, estranged), [[MacNeil Ramsey|Ramsey MacNeil]] (father), six unnamed brothers, Claire MacNeil Hudson (daughter), temporal copy (Active)
|height=5'5"
|weight=120 lbs
|eyes=Green
|hair=Red
|}}
==History==
[[Image:Guardian2_2.jpg|right]]Heather MacNeil was the oldest of her seven siblings growing up in Calgary. She became a secretary for [[Jaxon Jerome|Jerome Jaxon]] after she left high school. [[Jaxon Jerome|Jaxon]] worked for [[Am-Can]] Petroleum Company. She met and fell in love with [[Guardian I|Dr. James MacDonald Hudson]]. She helped him decide on a course of action when he stole his cyber-helmet and destroyed his designs when he learned that they were going to be used for the American military. She, suggested that they go to Ottawa, where, shortly, the met the Prime Minister and [[Department H]] was formed. She and [[Guardian I|Mac]] soon married after they moved to Ottawa. On their honeymoon, they first met [[Wolverine|Logan]], and Heather was able to tame him, and comfort him.

She and [[Guardian I|Mac]] were happy, he working for [[Department H]], and her as an executive secretary. She was involved and informed of much of [[Department H]], though not all. When [[Department H]]'s funding was cut by the government, Heather was a driving force behind [[Alpha Flight]] remaining together as a team as she brought the team back together for the first time after funding was cut. Heather was a sort of mother figure to [[Alpha Flight]] but went through an incredible trauma when she saw [[Guardian I|Mac]] die in ball of flame before her very eyes. She eventually took on the role of leader of [[Alpha Flight]], first as just a normal person without super-powers, but soon, after [[Alpha Flight]] was given government funding again, as [[Vindicator II]]. She wore a suit similar to the one her husband had worn which was made by [[Box I|Roger Bochs]] and [[Box IV|Madison Jeffries]] from the remains of [[Courtney Delphine|Delphine Courtney]], an android who had posed as [[Guardian I|Mac]] returned from the grave.

[[Image:Guardian2_3.jpg|left]]Heather lead [[Alpha Flight]] for a long time as Vindicator II, and through many different adventures. She even found time for a romance with [[Box IV|Jefferies]], and the two were even engaged. She decided it was time for a change after an adventure with [[Wolverine]] while the Canadian government was re-evaluating its position on [[Alpha Flight]]. She chose to go by [[Guardian II|Guardian]] rather than Vindicator. It was at this time that her husband came back into her life. [[Guardian I|Mac]] had apparently never died, but was sent hurtling through space and time. Together, they co-led [[Alpha Flight]] for a time, until [[Guardian I|Mac's]] second death. He sacrificed his own life so that the rest of [[Alpha Flight]], and Heather could live. Heather again took up the sole leadership role in [[Alpha Flight|Alpha]].

At a time when the country was in turmoil over a controversial "Super Powers Registration Act" she was faced with another challenge, the return of her husband. This time, the [[Master|Master of the World]] had retrieved [[Guardian I|Mac]] and re-made him, into his own image, renaming him the [[Antiguard]]. Heather was able to break through to him, to his core personality and [[Guardian I|Mac]] was able to break free. [[Guardian I|Mac]] was returned to her and his personality full restored, not cold and robotics as the last time he had returned.

After [[Alpha Flight]]'s suspension, Heather and [[Guardian I|Mac]] acted as free operatives occasionally working for the Canadian government. As well, [[Heather]] helped [[Northstar]] battle [[Arcade]].

[[Image:Guardian2_4.jpg|right]]Heather Hudson took up work in a florist shop in Ottawa, shortly after she and [[Guardian I|Mac]] separated (due to their now evident differences). She received a visit from [[Puck I|Puck]], who long has had feelings for her. He had received a call telling him [[Guardian I|Mac]] was in danger. The two were soon attacked and captured by agents of [[Department H]]. They were recruited into [[Alpha Flight]] and brainwashed to stay. There, Heather met [[Guardian III|Mac]] all over again. He had seemingly been reduced to the age of nineteen and had only partial memories of who he was. Eventually, it was revealed this was a duplicate, when the real [[Guardian I|Mac]] showed up. During this period, [[Department H]] equipped Heather with a new geo-thermal battle suit.

Heather has since retired from active duty with [[Alpha Flight]]. With the return of the real [[Guardian I|Mac]], they finally got a chance to start the family Heather had longed for, and had a baby girl. When she along with the rest of [[Alpha Flight]] investigated a potential [[plodex]] attack, they were all captured except for [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]. [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]] lead an [[Alpha Flight]] strike force he had assembled and freed Heather and her companions. She and the others involved decided to transport the [[plodex]] eggs back to their home world to give them a chance to build a fresh civilization. They brought their child with them.

When [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]'s new [[Alpha Flight]] team made the mistake of altering history, a copy of Heather from an alternate time line was drawn into her own time (while she was still in space). This copy of heather was from a time before she had donned the battle suit. Heather has been seen in battle against the [[Collective]], wearing her geo-thermal battle suit. Heather sadly died with many of her teammates in the ensuing battle afainst the Collective.

Revived by the lords of Chaos, she then was put under the Unity process that brainwashed her into fighting for a tyrannical government. After the defeat of that government, she fled with her young daughter.

==Powers/Abilities==
Formerly, Vindicator wore the [[Guardian I]] suit that her husband currently wears. For a full listing of the [[Guardian I]] Electromagnetic technological suit abilities view the [[Guardian I]] entry. Currently Heather's suit, which she gained in [[Alpha Flight]] vol.2 taps into a different source for it's power. Instead of an electromagnetic suit, this suit taps into the geothermal power of the world. How the suit can do this has never been fully explained and some think its technology, while others think its sorcery.

'''Ash Blast:''' Heather has the ability to send a cloud of ash onto their target, the force is so strong it can send people back and has a sulfurous smell

[[Image:Vindicator2_2.jpg|left]]'''Cool Spring Water Mist:''' With her suit she can generate water that can be used offensively. For example against [[Sunfire]], Heather [who was being mind-controlled] first hit him with a lava geyser. Then with the cool water mist solidified the bedrock trapping [[Sunfire]] and she was about to kill him by solidifying the bedrock over his head, when [[Murmur]] from [[Alpha Flight]] saved him. She is also capable of sending out a water geyser blast, which she did in attempt to put a fire out on [[Manbot]].

'''Durability:''' Even with the Geothermal suit, Heather has a personal shield. However, the strength of the shield has never been tested. It's probably much like the [[Guardian I]] suit, but it also can protect her from the excess heat she generates from her blasts.

'''Heat Absorption:''' Much like the E-M suit, the geothermal suit can absorb external heat and energy into its power cells. Heather actually absorbed the heat from a nuclear reactor that was going critical in [[Department H]], thus saving [[Alpha Flight]] and many Canadian citizens. This did overload the suit.

'''Hot Steam:''' The opposite of the cool water mist, Heather can also generate blasts of hot steam and she can control the temperature she releases it at.

[[Image:Vindicator2_3.jpg|right]]'''Lava Blasts:''' Heather can send lava blasts from her hands that can incinerate a target when it makes contact. It has been shown to completely melt a building beam in seconds.

'''Lava Geysers:''' Heather can send up lava blasts from the ground, much like a water geyser hitting the desired target. She can send up multiple lava blasts and has even been shown to send up a huge wall of lava.

'''Strength:''' From the Marvel X-Men Encyclopedia, her strength level is in the 25-75 ton range. We haven?t seen her use her strength too often so we really don't have anything to gauge her strength abilities with.

'''Speed:''' With the suit Heather can travel at the very least speeds of Mach 1.

[[Category:Alpha Flight]]