image=[[Image:Snowbird.jpg]]
|character_name=Snowbird
|real_name=Narya
|debut=Uncanny X-Men #120
|affiliations=[[God Squad]]
|past_affiliations=[[Alpha Flight]], [[The Flight]], [[RCMP]]
|status=Active
|aliases=Anne McKenzie
|relatives=[[Nelvanna]] (mother), [[Easton Richard|Richard Easton]] (father, deceased), [[Thompson Doug|Doug Thompson]](husband, deceased), Unnamed son (deceased), Hodiak (maternal grandfather), Temporal Copy (active)
|height=5'10" [Human Form]
|weight= 108 lbs [Human Form]
|eyes=White with no visible pupils [Snowbird Form], [As McKenzie]Blue
|hair=Blonde, [in animal form] white
|}}
==History==

[[Image:Snowbird_2.jpg|right]]Narya is a child of the [[Northern Gods]]. Her mother was [[Nelvanna]], the Goddess of the Northern Lights, and her father was a human, [[Easton Richard|Richard Easton]]. She was created for the purpose of fighting the [[Great Beasts]] who would soon break free of the ancient mystical barriers which held them in place. She was birthed by [[Shaman|Michael Twoyoungmen]] who became her guardian and taught her of the world. The birthing process effectively bound her to Northern Canada, thereby enabling her to take the forms of arctic animals. The consequences of the binding process made it fatal for her to leave Canadian soil. [[Guardian I|James]] and [[Vindicator II|Heather Hudson]] eventually visited [[Shaman|Michael]] and [[Vindicator II|Heather]] discovered Narya's secret. She and [[Shaman|Michael]] were recruited into [[Department H]] and Narya quickly went into active duty while [[Shaman|Michael]] held back. She was a member of the first mission that [[Guardian I|James Hudson]] ever sent a team of super-heroes on, against [[Egghead]] who was threatening to release a nuclear payload against New York. [[Guardian I|James Hudson]] helped her set up a civilian identity as Anne McKenzie, an RCMP Records officer in Northern Canada.

She stayed a member of the team, becoming one of the member of [[Alpha Flight]] and battling the [[X-Men]] in Calgary. Later, when [[Wolverine]] returned to Canada, he aided in her when she couldn't control the bloodlust of the animal form she had taken. Narya eventually began her battle against the [[Great Beasts]], often with the help of [[Alpha Flight]]. Eventually [[Thompson Doug|Doug Thompson]], a fellow [[RCMP]] officer confessed his love for her, and, after a short time she admitted that she felt the same. The two eventually married after she had defeated all the [[Great Beasts]] (which included having to kill team mate [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]) and she eventually became pregnant.

When the time came to give birth, [[Shaman]] was to repeat the binding process he had used years earlier on Narya. [[Shaman]]'s daughter [[Talisman]] who was angry with him, compelled the spirits [[Shaman]] was using as guides to lead him to the ice-tomb of an evil spirit called [[Pestilence]]. While she was giving birth, the evil spirit of [[Pestilence]], took over the form of her [[Thompson Baby|child]]. This being could control all the spirits of death from her [[Thompson Baby|child]]'s body and used it to fight [[Alpha Flight]] before escaping. Eventually Narya and [[Talisman II|Shaman]] hunted down [[Pestilence]], who had created a disease which killed [[Thompson Doug|Doug]]. [[Pestilence]] tricked Narya into slaying her [[Thompson Baby|son]]'s body, setting his spirit free. He had become trapped in the young body, and its innocence was destroying him. [[Vindicator II]], in an attempt to save the [[Thompson Baby|child]], fired a plasma blast but sadly, ended up killing Narya after she had released [[Pestilence]]. Narya, [[Thompson Doug|Doug]] and her son were eventually let into [[Paradise]] by her mother and the other [[Northern Gods]].

[[Image:Snowbird_3.jpg|left]]Narya appeared later in [[Alpha Flight]]'s battle against the [[Dreamqueen]]. First she appeared in a dream of [[Talisman]]'s to tell her of the [[Dreamqueen]] and how she came to be. Then, she appeared to [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]], who was now using her body, and transformed it into [[Sasquatch I|Walter's]] original body, but still with the ability to turn into [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]].

While [[Alpha Flight]] and [[Wolverine]] were battling the forces of [[A.I.M]], they found was seemed to be Snowbird's body. [[Sasquatch I|Walter Langkowski]] explained this as her divine nature having caused her remains to generate in a form of a hyper-healing factor. This is a massive error in continuity, as it was [[Sasquatch I|Walter]] himself that was wearing her remains. It was also explained that her regeneration process was being used by [[A.I.M]]. to create two as of yet, unseen super-beings.

Snowbird is now again serving as an active member of [[Alpha Flight]]. It has not yet been revealed if her geographical restriction from the binding process are still in place. When she along with the rest of [[Alpha Flight]] investigated a potential [[plodex]] attack, they were all captured except for [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]. [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]] lead an [[Alpha Flight]] strike force he had assembled and freed Snowbird and her companions. She and the others involved decided to transport the [[plodex]] eggs back to their home world to give them a chance to build a fresh civilization.

When [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]'s new [[Alpha Flight]] team made the mistake of altering history, a copy of Snowbird from an alternate time line was drawn into her own time (while she was still in space). A vague glimpse into the future showed this copy of Snowbird marrying [[Yukon Jack]] and ruling his homeland of [[Kemteron]] at his side.

She rejoined her former teammates in their fight with the corrupt Unity government, and was last seen alongside them.

==Powers/Abilities==
Being a goddess grants Snowbird various powers other than just the ability to transform.

'''Anti-Teleportation:''' Narya is not easy to transport against her will. She can stay in the location where the teleportation was attempted or travel to a place of her choosing. [[Talisman]] of [[Alpha Flight]] tried and failed to teleport her back to their headquarters.

'''Compelling Others:''' Snowbird has the mental ability to compel others to aid her in her struggle against the [[Great Beasts]]. Mentally controlling [[Northstar]] to aid [[Alpha Flight]] against them.

'''Healing Glow:''' After a battle with the [[Great Beasts|Great Beast]] [[Kolomaq]], Snowbird was badly wounded and then suddenly a healing glow completely overcame her and all her wounds were instantly healed. This occurs in her base form, but if she can instantly heal in her others forms is not known.

'''Intelligence:''' She has all the wisdom of the [[Northern Gods]], but due to her young age she doesn't know how to fully use it [technically she is only a few years old].

'''Mystical Senses:''' Being a mystical creature herself, she can pick up and sense various mystical activities from various places. She could detect the presence of magical energies or the breaching of a magical field

'''Premonition:''' Snowbird has and unknown level of premonition that allows to sense future events. As she met [[Guardian I|James Hudson]] for the first time, she sensed he would call her a name other than Nayra that of her codename Snowbird before she even joined Alpha Flight

'''Post-cognitive Visons:''' She has the ability to envision events that happened up to 6 hours in the past. She can replay events in an area, but only she is capable of seeing them. This occurs in her base form, but if she can do this in her others forms is not known.

'''Rejuvenation:''' Many years after her death, [[Alpha Flight]] found Snowbird in a cylinder in the [[A.I.M]] HQ. They rescue her and determine she has a advanved form of cellular rejuvenation. Once she was buried and began to decay, this regeneration process was initiated and carried to fruition over a considerable length of time.

'''Speed:''' She has the ability to fly, but her base form speed was never stated. Also depending on what she transformed into would gain the speed of the creature she transformed into.

'''Strength:''' In her base form she has super strength, somewhere in Strength Level 10 (800 pound to 2 ton). When she transforms into an animal she can take the strength and abilities of whatever she transforms into. So she can take all the strength of [[Wendigo]] or even the [[Great Beasts]] [[Tanaraq]] varying her strength.

'''Transformation:''' Her main strength being a metamorph, enabling her to change into any creature native to the Arctic and that of a female human being [her true face is not human]. When she transforms she gains all the strength and abilities of what she transforms into, that is her true power. She could draw additional mass from an unidentified and presumably mystical source when she took the form of an animal whose mass and volume were greater than her base form. When she took the form of an animal whose mass and volume were less than those of a human being, she became a human-sized version of that animal. Such things she has transformed into were a swarm of mosquitos, sperm whale, [[Tanaraq]] (the true form of [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]]), [[Wendigo]], etc. She transformed into a Wolverine and beat [[Wendigo]] by ripping him to shreds. When she became a mortal to marry [[Thompson Doug|Doug Thompson]] it was said "now she can assume the form of any creature wether it's indigenous to the Arctic or not".

==Weaknesses:==
'''Animal Personalities:''' Snowbird's personality was overlaid with the character traits and instinctual pattern's of whatever animal it was whose form she was using. The greater amount of time she spends as a certain animal, the stronger the impression of that animal's psyche on her personality. If she remained in one form for an extended period of time, she risked having her personality fixed as that of the animal, and never transforming back. Transforming into one animal to another and not into her base form caused her strain. She did however transform from a mountain lion to [[Wendigo]] with no strain at all.

'''Border Limitations:''' Due to [[Shaman]]'s binding process, when leaving Canada she would become weaker [She has gone to the U.S with the [[X-Men]] and not been affected though]. Currently with Snowbird's new body it is not known if she can leave Canada without being weakened or not. When she became a mortal to marry [[Thompson Doug|Doug Thompson]] she could travel outside of Canada without any hinderance. It appears the border limitation is gone after her resurrection as she journeyed to the Plodex Homeworld with the rest of Alpha Flight in space.

'''Intelligence:''' As listed already, she has the wisdom of the [[Northern Gods|Gods]]; but due to her lack of experience in the world she doesn't know how to fully use it.
==Respect Thread==
A thread specifically created listing Narya's greatest accomplishments in her career as well as stories that help define her character
<br>
<br>
Click the footnote to view the thread:
[http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t489345.html]

[[Category:Alpha Flight]]