{{Team|
image=[[Image:Omega flightII.jpg]]
|current_members=None
|former_members= [[Arachne]], [[Beta Ray Bill]], [[Sasquatch I|Sasquatch]], [[Talisman]], [[US Agent]], [[Weapon Omega II|Weapon Omega]]
|debut=Civil War: The Initiative
|base=Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|associates=[[C.S.I.S.]] (Managed-[[Brown Jeff|Jeff Brown]]), [[S.H.I.E.L.D.]]
|status=Disbanded
|}}

==History==
During the events of [[M-Day]], the combined energy of all the mutants who lost their powers became a sentinel collection of mutant energy known as the [[Collective]]. The energy possessed [[Guardian IV|Michael Pointer]] in North Pole, Alaska and proceeded to rampage through the Canadian tundra. Many members of [[Alpha Flight]] attempted to confront him..few survived. With the majority of Alpha Flight gone, the Canadian government did not possess the assets needed to deal with the hordes of American superhumans flooding the Canadian border after the passage of the [[Superhuman Registration Act]].

[[S.H.I.E.L.D.]], desiring to keep the Canadian economy stable, worked with the [[C.S.I.S.]] (as [[Department H]] disbanded following the death of Alpha Flight) to form the new Omega Flight team. They sent two American agents, [[US Agent]] and [[Arachne]] to help the cause. The team was based out of the Canadian Secret Intelligence Service's [[C.S.I.S. National HQ|National Headquarters]] in Ottawa, Canada and was managed by C.S.I.S. agent [[Brown Jeff|Jeff Brown]]. One of his first jobs was to recruit Sasquatch.

The fallout from the superhero Civil War spilled into Canada. Super-powered criminals such as the [[Wrecking Crew]], [[Slag]], [[Purple Man]] and [[Daisy]] entered Canadian soil. Sasquatch tried to recruit Talisman to join the team, but she declined the offer to continue her duties on her reservation. Shortly after, Sasquatch intervened against a powered up (by an unknown source at the time) Wrecking Crew, but still reeling from images of Alpha Flight being killed, Walter was defeated and captured.

Taking Sasquatch as a hostage, the Crew was being drawn to the ROM (Toronto) by that unknown source of power. Also in Toronto [[US Agent]] and [[Arachne]] captured [[Dasiy]], and the human alter ego of [[Beta Ray Bill]], Simon Walters feels a different pull, but telling him to go to the ROM as well. Talisman is informed about Sasquatch being captured and reluctantly joins the team to save him, but only to discover it?s newest recruit is none other then Michael Pointer currently in shackles and donning the Guardian suit. Talisman threatens to kill him, but ultimately backs down and tells Brown that Pointer remains shackled and doesn?t come on the mission. The rest of the members travel to Toronto to help free Walter.

The Wrecking Crew arrived to the museum and found a tablet and and using his crowbar opened a portal to the [[Realm of the Beasts]] where [[Tanaraq]] appeared bestowing them even more power as well as the power to command [[Surtur]]?s demon horde army. Eventually they are confronted by [[Beta Ray Bill]] who sneaked into the open portal, but was ultimately defeated by the augmented [[Wrecker]]. The Crew return to Earth to act as Tanaraq?s champions to destroy the world with Surtur?s demon army and are eventually confronted by Omega Flight. An unconscious Sasquatch still in the Realm of the Beasts became possessed by Tanaraq and returns back to earth and single handily defeats Omega Flight.

Back at Omega Flight HQ, [[Arcahne]]?s daughter frees [[Guardian IV|Micheal Pointer]], and convinces him to help the others. Pointer eventually arrived on the scene, but when he faced Sasquatch he hesitated, but thanks to Tanaraq Walter sees friends as enemies and had no quams about killing. Beta Ray Bill arrives and saves Pointers life and after a brief class the mental stress of being possessed by Tanaraq has got to Walter. Talisman tried to reason with him, and eventually exorcized Tanaraq?s influence from Walter and sealed it inside [[Shaman]]?s medicine pouch. With Tanaraq being sealed this removed the powerup given to the Wrecking Crew and Walter returned to normal, but now Surtur?s horde is drawn to the pouch in attempt to release their master. In a last ditch effort, Beta Ray Bill took the pouch into the Realm of the Beasts asking Pointer to destroy the portal trapping him inside. Pointer does this and the team saved the world. Toronto was mostly destroyed in the battle, but each member assisted in the repairs and after the cleanup was completed Talisman left the team and returned back to the reserve to continue her previous duties.

Some time later, the being [[Chthon]] returned to Earth and with no [[Doctor Strange]] or [[Atum]] to counter this threat, [[Loki]], under the guise of the [[Scarlet Witch]] formed the newest incarnation of the [[Mighty Avengers]]. Chthon?s influence begin to spread to Canada, where Omega Flight began to do battle, but the false Scarlet Witch appeared and summoned [[US Agent]] to join the new Avengers team teleporting him away. Eventually the Avengers were successful and defeated Chthon and after the mission was completed, US Agent returned to Canada and handed in his resignation to become a full-time member with the Avengers.

Still feeling remorseful of the 2209 deaths he caused, Pointer returned to North Pole, Alaska to help rebuilt his destroyed city. Suddenly [[Green Goblin I|Norman Osborn]] appears asking him to be part of the [[Dark X-Men]] and tells him a spill of [[MGH]] occurred nearby making everyone in the area a temporary mutant, and thus a target for Pointer. Pointer doesn?t believe him and rejects his offer to help him and Norman leaves. However, soon after people on the construction site begin to drop dead. Believing he is the cause, Pointer flees so his power absorption powers doesn?t take anymore lives and runs into Norman. Pointer ultimately takes Norman?s offer to help him control his powers so he is no longer a risk to anyone else. What Pointer didn?t know this was all Norman?s plan as he released the MGH into the air in attempt to get him to join his new X-Men. After Pointer left Omega Flight the team officially disbanded.

[[Category:Alpha Flight]]