Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Wolverine #304 (2012) - Return of an Alpha Flight member

Heh, I say it in jest.

A lot of the time I approach stuff from a purely business point of view so I kinda like that people disagree with me as although what I'm saying is correct in a financial manner it's reassuring to have people with creativity and passion say what if...?
    Plus I'm the only active mod a lot of the time, so it's good to be a central figure of hatred and rule with an iron fist rather than have people flaming each other.

Not that there is hatred, dictatorship or flaming, but you get the picture.

I still love you all

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    it's good to be a central figure of hatred and rule with an iron fist
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3541662510_39584400d9.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	2666?

Heh, I say it in jest.

A lot of the time I approach stuff from a purely business point of view so I kinda like that people disagree with me as although what I'm saying is correct in a financial manner it's reassuring to have people with creativity and passion say what if...?
    Plus I'm the only active mod a lot of the time, so it's good to be a central figure of hatred and rule with an iron fist rather than have people flaming each other.

Not that there is hatred, dictatorship or flaming, but you get the picture.

I still love you all

That's reasuring to hear! Nicest dictator EVER. Didn't even know I was getting dictated!

In all seriousness, as long as you keep that open mind regarding the 'what ifs' and passion of fans, you'd make a perfect editor for a run of AF. You know the characters well and have some care for integrity, but you 'get' the business part of it.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

It's a tricky one.
    I've got some close friends in a few of the non-big two, but still well known, companies and I've been privvy to a lot of the insider workings, on top of my time in the retail side of things and while I probably could do well in editorial generally I think if that I did I wouldn't be able to enjoy comics for pleasure as it'd just be work to me.
    Maybe that's the problem with editors of company-owned comics generally.

Come on Phil, take on for the team!
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

I havent been impressed with Loeb's work in years. It's crazy some of his work in DC was so groundbreaking and amazing, but in Marvel I just cant get behind it. It's awesome he used Wild Child and gave him credibility, but taking away Walter's and borderline retconning his orgins? Bah! Thankfully their retconning the retcon

Also; I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Wolverine & The X-Men. I can see why a lot of people would, but for me it's just too goofy and disjointed. Like Aaron's trying to hard to recapture as many elements of past writers and fit his own voice in. But what do I know...
    I'll put my hand up and say I've gone back on this.
    I've liked the way that post AvX the title has focused a lot more on the new kids and I'm enjoying the title.
    I'm still not enjoying it as much as a lot of people, but I'm going to start picking it up regularly.

Images

Yay! Glad to see you come around.
    It's just been an enjoyable title for me, one of a small and dwindling number that reminds me of why I got into comics in the first place.
    (Disregarding a comment I just posted on another thread about the Ultron crossover issue.)

~ LM
    "Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions."

When it focuses on the new kids it's great, when it focuses on the teachers... not so much...

Images

I think I've mostly read issues focussing on the kids. I don't have the first 14 or so issues.

~ Le Messor
    "Knowing others is wisdom; knowing the self is enlightenment. Mastering others requires force; mastering the self needs strength."
    ~ Lao Tsu

OK so the official word is that Wild Child is alive, healing factor being the explanation. Official Index says so.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

ok great, he did appear after his "death" but I was wondering if it was a mistake. That's good news at least

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    ok great, he did appear after his "death" but I was wondering if it was a mistake. That's good news at least
    That appearance being at the big villains party thrown by Sabertooth and Mystique, correct?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/