Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine #304 (2012) - Return of an Alpha Flight member

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Wasn't he dumped in molten steel?
    That's not the kind of thing you walk away from, and Lord knows I've tried.
    Yeah, but at this point in time he had an artificial modified healing factor that rivalled Wolverine's and we've seen him heal from worse.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, but at this point in time he had an artificial modified healing factor that rivalled Wolverine's and we've seen him heal from worse.
    'tis only a flesh wound!

Romulus is currently in a shadow-dimension (or something) via Cloak (of Cloak & Dagger) and chances are he'll be back in Loeb's follow up arc.
    Wildchild was never shown as dead, it was just assumed, so him being back doesn't need explaining and there's a chance that Aaron put him in the background in Sabretooth's party because Loeb plans on using him, so wanted to remind people he was still about/show he was alive.

Ugh. More of that tripe, huh? Great.

Wildchild was shown being engulfed by molten metal. He has never had a healing factor on par with Wolverine or Sabretooth. That's on-pannel death. Damn skippy I want a better explanation than 'lol power up' and 'he never died'. These writers are terrible.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    He has never had a healing factor on par with Wolverine or Sabretooth.
    In his original incarnation, no.
    As of Wolverine #53 after being artifically powered by Romulus, yes.

Wolverine #53 being after M-Day where he lost his powers and was completely human(New Excalibur #9).

In his original incarnation, no.
    As of Wolverine #53 after being artificially powered by Romulus, yes.

Wolverine #53 being after M-Day where he lost his powers and was completely human(New Excalibur #9).
    See, my issue is with all of the above. lol Depowering him was stupid since Marvel has always played up the 'is he Sabretooth's bastard son' mystery. Over powering him isn't an improvement, ether. I hate all these immortal feral mutants. How boring is it to read stories where no one need fear for their mortality, and you know none of them will really die? These characters have become completely unrelateable thanks to a bunch of writers who write like 12 year old WWE enthusiasts. This is like the world's worst fanfic round robin. "Ha, I killed off one of your guys, lol." "Screw you, he's immortal now he can't die""Oh yeah, well Wolverine is ten times more powerful than a whole room full of immortal villains now, and beats them all up! So there!"

LAME. It would have been a blessing for Wildchild to be de-powered. I'd rather read a story about former mutants dealing with this change in their lives, and see how he handles it since it was the source of so much suffering, though I imagine he would still be insane and institutionalized for years to get his life back, the poor ****er. I want a story with some heart written by people who care about the characters and who develop them further. Not a reenactment of some kid's Overpower session.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."

See, my issue is with all of the above. lol Depowering him was stupid since Marvel has always played up the 'is he Sabretooth's bastard son' mystery. Over powering him isn't an improvement, ether. I hate all these immortal feral mutants. How boring is it to read stories where no one need fear for their mortality, and you know none of them will really die? These characters have become completely unrelateable thanks to a bunch of writers who write like 12 year old WWE enthusiasts. This is like the world's worst fanfic round robin. "Ha, I killed off one of your guys, lol." "Screw you, he's immortal now he can't die""Oh yeah, well Wolverine is ten times more powerful than a whole room full of immortal villains now, and beats them all up! So there!"

LAME. It would have been a blessing for Wildchild to be de-powered. I'd rather read a story about former mutants dealing with this change in their lives, and see how he handles it since it was the source of so much suffering, though I imagine he would still be insane and institutionalized for years to get his life back, the poor ****er. I want a story with some heart written by people who care about the characters and who develop them further. Not a reenactment of some kid's Overpower session.
    Couldn't agree more with you! There is nothing more boring than immortality! I love characters that are weak, have fears and flaws. That's what makes them relateable to me. I had to outline the same thing to a player in a RPG game I played, in which her character can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. And even with my characters explaining that people love flaws, etc... she still continued to write as if he character was God (and more!). Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggg ggggggggg!

Images

"Ha, I killed off one of your guys, lol." "Screw you, he's immortal now he can't die""Oh yeah, well Wolverine is ten times more powerful than a whole room full of immortal villains now, and beats them all up! So there!"
    LOL! That's perfect!

I'd rather read a story about former mutants dealing with this change in their lives, and see how he handles it
    That would've been interesting, but I don't know of anywhere they paid more than lip service to that idea.
    New Warriors, the in-name-only v3? It seemed to kind of cover that but not really explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    There is nothing more boring than immortality!
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    It depends how it's handled; Highlander is one of my favourite movies.

- Le Messor
    "Ignore previous fortune."

That would've been interesting, but I don't know of anywhere they paid more than lip service to that idea.
    New Warriors, the in-name-only v3? It seemed to kind of cover that but not really explore it.
    Generation M skirted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Couldn't agree more with you! There is nothing more boring than immortality! I love characters that are weak, have fears and flaws. That's what makes them relateable to me. I had to outline the same thing to a player in a RPG game I played, in which her character can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. And even with my characters explaining that people love flaws, etc... she still continued to write as if he character was God (and more!). Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggg ggggggggg!
    That's my main problem with online writing RPG. You always run into the dick who wants to godmode or be a Marry Sue.

As for stories about depowered mutants, I know they've dealt with some of that in X-Factor. I really want to get caught up, I got some at a convention and was blown away by the story telling, even if Rhane's state in that book kills me to see. Imagine if Wildchild, mute and depowered, had ended up in that book. Oh god damn, the possabilities.

I had to outline the same thing to a player in a RPG game I played, in which her character can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
    Oh good Lord, are you RP-ing with my daughter?! lol.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

X-Factor. I really want to get caught up, I got some at a convention and was blown away by the story telling, even if Rhane's state in that book kills me to see.
    Peter David's an excellent writer - and my vote for the guy who should write AF.
    Though if you refer to Rahne being pregnant, I couldn't agree more.

- Le Messor
    Spike: "I'll bloody kill you."
    Buffy: What are you going to do, lick me to death?

Peter David's an excellent writer - and my vote for the guy who should write AF.
    Though if you refer to Rahne being pregnant, I couldn't agree more.

- Le Messor
    Spike: "I'll bloody kill you."
    Buffy: What are you going to do, lick me to death?

It would be amazing.

Yeah... Rahne got pregnant in a story outside of David's X-Factor, though, right? I'm missing a lot. It's also her personality at the beginning of the series. Once again, not David's fault, he's just respecting the continuity of what others did with her, which I appreciate. I only wish he'd do more to try to fix what they broke, though. I hate the new persona. And I do have to call him out on making her seem religiously intolerant what with her 'you're going to hell for being gay' bit, which was OOC. This girl has met how many gods besides the one she warships? She used to always worry about sinfulness, but believed in a loving god and redemption, and was respectful of others' lifestyles. She loved her powers and talked about how she wanted to turn into a wolf and leave society forever in New Mutants. ****ing Marvel. Ok, I get you writers are all a bunch of jaded atheists and agnostics... so am I... but the depiction of religiously devout people in comics has reached the point of being extremely bigoted and marginalizing in it's self, perhaps as an over reaction to the Fundamentalist bigotry in our real world that is over represented in the media's coverage.

Images

Yeah... Rahne got pregnant in a story outside of David's X-Factor, though, right?
    I don't know. It's something I've only heard about.

Comics writers don't seem to get, though, that there are people who *gasp* don't have sex! And if anybody would wait until marriage, it's Rahne, who's always been a stereotyped repressed character.

Ok, I get you writers are all a bunch of jaded atheists and agnostics... so am I... but the depiction of religiously devout people in comics has reached the point of being extremely bigoted and marginalizing in itself, perhaps as an over reaction to the Fundamentalist bigotry in our real world that is over represented in the media's coverage.
    Thank you! I've felt marginalised by comics for a long time (but I'm Christian, and therefore biased - it's kind of vindicating for me when people without that bias seem to agree).

- Le Messor
    "Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an *******"
    Last edited by Le Messor; 06-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.

This girl has met how many gods besides the one she warships?
    She joyrides in a warship with God? That's AWESOME!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Oh good Lord, are you RP-ing with my daughter?! lol.
    hahah, can't guarantee she is or isn't your daughter haha. However, since I play Northstar in the RPG, I'm able to take stabs at her character regularly hahah. So if it is your daughter, tell her to make her character die and create a better one, will u? hahaha