Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The same former team members that made no effort at all to free him from the Zodiac and Weapon X?
Weapon X where he was brainwashed and tormented and made to retreat into himself, fearing human contact completely?
The same Weapon X that Kyle Gibney was a part of?

I'd be isolated from them all.
That's true, and completely unsatisfactory. All of Marvel's writing was bad at that time, far as I could tell. I hate blaming the characters for it, but then there's continuity... Ugh...

There is a lot wrong with how AF members were handled while the team was not temporarily on death hiatus. One can make the excuse that it's not like they're hands weren't full, but they had time to try to help Flashback, you'd think they'd care about whatever happened to Jeffries, Aurora, and Wildchild. One of my biggest issues with Weapon X is that I just can't see that **** happening to Aurora without her brother hunting them down. But I guess we can write off the Mental institution scene as Mesmero's work rather than reality? But then what the **** was really going on with Aurora, how did they get ahold of her, if that was an illusion?

It was also shown in a One-Shot during his stint in X-Factor that Wildchild was still in touch with Alpha Flight. Though I couldn't blame Alpha for loosing track of him nearly as much as the members of X-Factor at that point. Hey guys, Sabretooth is at large again, the Hound program is at work, and Wildchild who had been slowly changing for quite a few issues now, has gone AWOL. Shouldn't you be concerned?

We know Diamond Lil was looking for Jeffries at least, why weren't any other Alphans or anyone from the training groups with her? And it drove me nuts that with the exception of Wildchild's feelings for Aurora, none of the Alphans aknowledged eachother or their history. In before 'lol brainwashing'. I can't stand it when writers use that as a cop out without any technobable as to how it's being done.