Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The A v X Thread

Default The A v X Thread

Previews for #2 are up...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12071

and looking at the title page http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...v12071_pg8.jpg
    whilst he isn't in the preview pages actual, there's a piece of JRJR Jeffries art, indicating he'll be in the issue, and the miniseries and possible tie-ins.. hopefully he'll take down Iron Man or something

No way I'm getting all those variants though...

Sweet! And Red Hulk is there too, so many some other AF members? And isn't Quicksilver a mutant? What is he doing in the Avengers side of things?

I think Northstar is the only other member I'd say has a possibility of showing up, but it's doubtful.
    Possibly in the Wolverine & The X-Men tie-in issues if anywhere, although there's always a chance it'll be in the main mini-series, AvX VS or in Uncanny X-Men.

It would make sense for a Northstar/Quicksilver clash to occur, but dont be shocked if they make Northstar job hard.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    there's a piece of JRJR Jeffries art,
    It's cool to see a classic artist like him take on an Alphan. Just as a thing. Even if it's a single head shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    And Red Hulk is there too, so many some other AF members? And isn't Quicksilver a mutant? What is he doing in the Avengers side of things?
    I got annoyed two days ago when I finally figured out that the Red Hulk and Red She-Hulk were father and daughter. (Annoyed at myself for taking so long, that is.) It just never occurred to me until I was watching the Ed Norton Hulk with somebody who hadn't seen it, to practice for The Avengers, and it was the first time I'd thought about both Red Hulks and their identities at the same time.

Quicksilver has more ties to the Avengers than the X-Men; and most of his ties to the X-Men are as an enemy (Brotherhood of Evil Mutants). This isn't Avengers vs. mutants; note that Storm and Wolverine are caught in the middle.

- Le Messor
    "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    It's cool to see a classic artist like him take on an Alphan. Just as a thing. Even if it's a single head shot.
    I'm sure it's an image taken from within the issue so hopefully there'll be more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Previews for #2 are up...

No way I'm getting all those variants though...
    These are prices from Midtown Comics. They tend to be on the high end for most variants, BTW.
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Regular Jim Cheung Cover $3.99
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Incentive Carlo Pagulayan Variant Cover $20
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Incentive Nick Bradshaw Sketch Cover $200
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Incentive Nick Bradshaw Variant Cover $100
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Variant DCD Summit 2012 Sketch Cover (limit 1 per customer) $3.99
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Variant Team Avengers Cover $3.99
    Avengers vs X-Men #2 Variant Team X-Men Cover $3.99

Total $335.96 if you go to their store. If ordered on line, 15% discount = $285.56

That's a lot of lettuce for a little square with Jeffries' head in it! He better be in the book for that much money!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Phil - I wasn't sure if it was that or a picture he drew for the promo. Cool, then, that he'll be in it more.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    That's a lot of lettuce for a little square with Jeffries' head in it! He better be in the book for that much money!
    Well, you could buy just one...
    donthitme!!!

- Le Messor
    "God doesn't help you with dollars, he helps you with sense."
    ~ Graeme A.S. Browne

rplass[/QUOTE]

It's not so bad if you use iceberg lettuce. 'Cause, y'know, it has the most leaves.

DIGGER

Um...showing my ignorance here, but who is JRJR? Oh wait; is that John Romita Jr?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    It's not so bad if you use iceberg lettuce. 'Cause, y'know, it has the most leaves.
    True, but it costs more than the gourmet kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Um...showing my ignorance here, but who is JRJR? Oh wait; is that John Romita Jr?
    Yep! Very distinctive style.

I've seen somebody play a commentary on the comic. It was amazing!

- Le Messor
    "If we can't fix it - we'll fix it so nobody can."
    ~ B. Gibbons

So I wonder which Avengers will the X-Club be fighting? Oh the possibilities. Their ex-teammate Hank McCoy? Maybe Hank Pym? Hulk? Iron Man?

I would love to see Mister Jeffries take on Iron Man. Would be even cooler if Jeffries used the Box armor against Iron Man. But it seems like the X-editors are afraid to have Jeffries use Box in the 616 continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I would love to see Mister Jeffries take on Iron Man. Would be even cooler if Jeffries used the Box armor against Iron Man. But it seems like the X-editors are afraid to have Jeffries use Box in the 616 continuity.
    Jeffries wouldn't need the Box armour. He could just transmutate Iron Man into whatever he wanted.

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Jeffries wouldn't need the Box armour. He could just transmutate Iron Man into whatever he wanted.

DIGGER
    That's right, forgot about that. Madison Jeffries 1, Tony Stark 0.
    I still don't understand the Marvel physics of the how the Iron Man armor in now a part of Tony. But I'm guessing it's more convenient than carrying a suitcase full of armor.

Lionel and Madison Jeffries badly beat Iron Man in Age of X.