Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The A v X Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The same former team members that made no effort at all to free him from the Zodiac and Weapon X?
    Weapon X where he was brainwashed and tormented and made to retreat into himself, fearing human contact completely?
    The same Weapon X that Kyle Gibney was a part of?

I'd be isolated from them all.
    That's true, and completely unsatisfactory. All of Marvel's writing was bad at that time, far as I could tell. I hate blaming the characters for it, but then there's continuity... Ugh...

There is a lot wrong with how AF members were handled while the team was not temporarily on death hiatus. One can make the excuse that it's not like they're hands weren't full, but they had time to try to help Flashback, you'd think they'd care about whatever happened to Jeffries, Aurora, and Wildchild. One of my biggest issues with Weapon X is that I just can't see that **** happening to Aurora without her brother hunting them down. But I guess we can write off the Mental institution scene as Mesmero's work rather than reality? But then what the **** was really going on with Aurora, how did they get ahold of her, if that was an illusion?

It was also shown in a One-Shot during his stint in X-Factor that Wildchild was still in touch with Alpha Flight. Though I couldn't blame Alpha for loosing track of him nearly as much as the members of X-Factor at that point. Hey guys, Sabretooth is at large again, the Hound program is at work, and Wildchild who had been slowly changing for quite a few issues now, has gone AWOL. Shouldn't you be concerned?

We know Diamond Lil was looking for Jeffries at least, why weren't any other Alphans or anyone from the training groups with her? And it drove me nuts that with the exception of Wildchild's feelings for Aurora, none of the Alphans aknowledged eachother or their history. In before 'lol brainwashing'. I can't stand it when writers use that as a cop out without any technobable as to how it's being done.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    One of my biggest issues with Weapon X is that I just can't see that **** happening to Aurora without her brother hunting them down.
    I'm pretty sure that in #18 it was revealed he'd been frantically looking for her but to no luck.

It was also shown in a One-Shot during his stint in X-Factor that Wildchild was still in touch with Alpha Flight. Though I couldn't blame Alpha for loosing track of him nearly as much as the members of X-Factor at that point. Hey guys, Sabretooth is at large again, the Hound program is at work, and Wildchild who had been slowly changing for quite a few issues now, has gone AWOL. Shouldn't you be concerned?
    Well the X-Factor #116 and the Sabretooth:Back To Nature oneshot were set in between Volume's 1 & 2.
    After Volume 2 started AF had their hands full with their own issues, plus new members, distrust and Dept. H to deal with.
    By the time we get to X-Factor #142 that's roughly between #9 & 10 of Volume 2.

We know Diamond Lil was looking for Jeffries at least, why weren't any other Alphans or anyone from the training groups with her?
    We know she came to Dept. H looking for a fight with him because he rejoined the team pre-Volume 2 #1.
    And she was kidnapped by Dept. H before any of AF had a chance to see her and realise he was missing, let alone send people to look for Madison with her.
    Plus they'd been mind-wiped to forget Madison was ever there.

I can't stand it when writers use that as a cop out without any technobable as to how it's being done.
    Personally I hate it when writers give too much technobabble and ruin the sense of story and fun. Each to their own.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I can't stand it when writers use that as a cop out without any technobable as to how it's being done.
    Personally I hate it when writers give too much technobabble and ruin the sense of story and fun. Each to their own.
    I agree with both of you - I'm really sick of the trope of brainwashing, and think it's a cop-out most of the time; but too much explanation and technobabble does take away from a sense of fun.

Hey! Who're you guys? What're you---

I love the brainwashing trope I love the brainwashing trope

Looking at the sketch for the A+X poster that makes up the covers for #1-4 it looks like Northstar will be on the cover to #3:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A+Xpostersketch.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	433.5 KB 
ID:	2601

I love the pointy ear sticking out on that sketch. Awesome. Wasn't this published recently?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

The finished cover for #1 was shown at SDCC.

I haven't seen the finished poster yet, if it has been shown anywhere.

Ah, the cover to #1 was published on the back of the gatefold cover to Marvel Previews #108 and the 3/4 sketch image of the poster was also published in that issue. A collectible for a completist and only $1.25!

Full poster image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-plus-x_02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	2616
    Turns out it'll be the variant to #3 that he appears on.

So... looks like we may see Mad Jeff in AvX #11...
    Unless the same genius who mixed up the preview page last time still doesn't know who he is...

No Jeffries in #11

I imagine he's on that intro page solely because Rogue mentions him.

Full poster image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-plus-x_02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	2616
    Turns out it'll be the variant to #3 that he appears on.
    And today retailers have that poster as giveaway promo cards, but cut up into four sections. I have a few extra of the cards with Northstar on it if anyone needs one!

Love,
    rplass

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Now, you gotta admit, that is cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Now, you gotta admit, that is cute!
    Actually, i was thinking more along the lines of, 'you gotta be kidding me, what idiot came up with THIS idea'?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/