Thread: Wow... I didn't see that one coming... (Big Hero 6 Film)

Hybrid View

I saw the trailer and was surprised how good this looks. The info when they announced it just sounded so.... meh.... but the 3D animation and comedic tone looks like it stands on it's own really well.

Marvel really HAS gotten good at reinterpreting books into movies lately. I like that they don't take it as seriously nor as literally as when they did the first X-men movies which I hated so. Now it really seems like every franchise has it's own spirit that brings out the best of the characters. Everything is handled on it's own terms, know what I mean?

I guess after trying to watch the official X-Men anime (pretty but it's soooooo baaaaad) I was just expecting a much more jaded and formulated approach.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I agree, Marvel have been hitting it out of the park with their Cinematic Universe. I've really been loving them.
    Guardians of the Galaxy has been my movie of the year, even above How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    Marvel really HAS gotten good at reinterpreting books into movies lately. I like that they don't take it as seriously nor as literally as when they did the first X-men movies which I hated so.
    I liked the movies, but I do know exactly what you mean there.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I guess after trying to watch the official X-Men anime (pretty but it's soooooo baaaaad)...
    The one I saw was okay, but it was sooooooo brown I got tired of looking at it.

~ Le Messor
    "640k ought to be enough for anybody."
    ~ Bill Gates, 1981 (Did he mean $640K?)