Actually, a series that starts again at number 1, in my books, had to of been cancelled. But that is semantics.

Michael, smaller publishers, as we all know, do not have the luxury of propping up a dwindling industry by use of big movies and the accompanying merchandising blitz. Smaller companies frequently lure the best names in the business (taking, for instance, those Marvel recently fired in their "down-sizing" - see numerous stories on the rapid rise of Valiant Comics as a great example), and they have to tell the best stories they are capable of, issue after issue. And, even then, they may not make their mark in the industry, but if they don't it won't be for lack of try or lack of talent. I admire the smaller publishers; like Image in the 90's, they pushed the biggest boys in the sandbox (Marvel and DC) to the brink of bankruptcies. They force change in the industry, by setting high standards and meeting or exceeding them. Just because something doesn't have Marvel or DC on the cover, doesn't mean it isn't good; those of you who may miss out on what the smaller comic companies are doing, I feel sad for you and for what you will miss. (Not saying "you", just whomever.)