Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
We don't actually know that there is an Alpha Flight after the events of Volume 4; they were outlaws, shut down by the government and had no official status. Although then that means the Hulk:Mayan Rule arc needs a bit of working.

Plus the Avengers have official SHIELD status as guardians of the entire world, not just America, and have experience with these particular enemies.
I thought at the end of Vol. 4 AF was vindicated (no pun intended) when they captured the Master. I mean they were standing around with a bunch of regular folks doing clean up at the end weren't they? No one was trying to arrest, or blow them up. And they were acting, it would seem, as Canada's official reps with the Mayan invasion. Has there been anything in or out of the comics to suggest they are still on the run?

I know the Avengers have worldwide jurisdiction (something that makes me question the intelligence of the UN since many of the heroes on the team have done some very shady things recently), but that still doesn't explain why AF isn't working alongside the Avengers on Canadian soil, assuming they aren't still wanted criminals. Of course if they are still wanted criminals then why haven't the Avengers been called in to apprehend them?