Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
The original AF and Excalibur were around for a long time. I don't know what Brevoort is talking about.
Recent years and reboots, of which both series' have had 3.

Maybe they should try, you know, giving the books a fair shot?
They have though, at least 3 times and each time sales get worse.

Try letting them be their own thing instead of forcing the same formula that keeps failing?
See, this is the issue; you're saying do something new and different (which each subsequent Vol of AF has been), yet other fans are saying go back to the old Byrne formula. How can Marvel win?

but it sounded to me like editorial interfered more than helped. You want to suddenly give an old character a completely unrecognizable personality? Go for it!
How so? Which character do you mean?

Event tie in!
FVL has gone on record saying that he & Greg chose to make it a tie-in.

No, you can not have Madison Jeffries so he can actually do awesome stuff again, he's more than busy talking to his coffee maker in the x-verse!
That's a fair point.

Oh, and don't bother resolving the issue with Heather, that ongoing we announced is suddenly canceled. Hope you weren't expecting to deal with that later!
Cancelled (or re-reduced) due to lack of sales due to fans lack of interest. And let's face it, the world hasn't really given a damn about Heather since.

I don't even really care if they bring back Excalibur.
As there are most likely Excalibur fans who don't care about AF or Madison Jeffries or Wildchild...

Wolfsbain needs time to just raise her kid, and I doubt they'd write any happy stories about that in today's Marvel.
You might want to avoid reading the latest X-Factor arc...

If you build a cast of all new characters, though, may as well at least make it a spin off rather than an 'in name only' book. Those don't go over well with the fanbase.
Which goes against your 'letting them be their own thing' comment, surely?