Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Justice League Canada!?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, but when it was first announced (see the start of the thread) the series was to be called Justice League Canada but DC flip-flopped on that decision, in much the same was Marvel flip-flopped on Volume 4 becoming an ongoing.

I'm not Canadian so it didn't bother me but the variants wouldn't be enough in my eyes to make up for that, if I were.
    Well, I AM Canadian, and as a good Canadian I will take Something over Nothing...and say "thank you very much" ("thag you bery much") as I pay through the nose for it!

Currently, most superhero comics are American, in that the heroes and villains reside in America. A little love thrown to Canada? I'm in.

Besides, if Americans, for instance, distanced themselves to a Justice League Canada series, due to the word Canada in the title, and the book failed and folded early, that would suck. Whereas nobody is forcing anybody of any country of origin to buy the variant covers.

Still, does it bother me? Hell yeah, it does.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Currently, most superhero comics are American, in that the heroes and villains reside in America.
    Which is part of why Alpha was my series of choice in the first place!

~ Le Messor
    "NASA Awards Acronym Generation System (AGS) Contract For Space Station Freedom"
    ~ Tom Neff

I've always loved Alpha Flight for the characters and as underdogs...not because they're Canadian (even though I like Canadians in general) . It's pretty much why the only DC book I ever like to read is the Doom patrol, I love the characters and the sense of them being the underdog team. It's also why I used to to like the X-Men (in the 70s and 80s).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 12-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I attempted to read JLC over thanksgiving break. going to stop at the 1st issue. just didn't get into it. I may try to at least read the rest of the arc but not in a hurry to find the issues. I did however read The Black Knight. that was a good one.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max