Thread: Jeffries appearance in All-New X-Factor? *SPECULATION*

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

ES - Nothing about that first one makes me think he's taking ideas from people's heads. Just that machines like to imitate him.
    The second? Yes, now that you bring it up, I do remember, and you're right. Sorry, I tend to forget the post-Byrne stuff, most especially the Mantlo stuff. But you are definitely right about it based on that second one.

The one page was a mistake, and I tried to fix it and... yeah... XD But you get my point. lol I got confused and thought that was another page concerning this, for some reason I thought there was something Byrne Era concerning it, but now I can't find it.

Yeah, I personally LIKE that addition to how his powers work, regardless of the rest of what Mantlo did. It makes a lot more sense and places a natural limit on his abilities while still leaving room for writers to create scenarios where he can use his abilities on a higher level. After all, Madison is but a humble mechanic, he shouldn't be able to make very complex things on his own, he should only be able to alter mechanical things, destroy them, or fix what already exists. A lot of what he's done over the years makes no sense at all without him being able to use the ideas of people who have the engineering know how and creative understanding of mechanics, programming, and robotics that he lacks to create the things he's created.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    The one page was a mistake,
    Oddly enough, though, it was the same page I was thinking about when I was originally trying to figure out what you meant.
    (For those who came in late, after ES fixed it: it's the page where Bochs first reveals Jeffries' powers, by throwing the works at him; and the works turn into an arm.)

Yeah, I personally LIKE that addition to how his powers work, regardless of the rest of what Mantlo did. It makes a lot more sense
    It does make sense of his abilities, I'll give you that.
    (Though I think, originally, Byrne had his powers be that he could make mechanical parts imitate him - he didn't need to know anything about robotics or anything, his powers just made copies. The spaceships and stuff should've been out of his league, though.)

After all, Madison is but a humble mechanic,
    Not even that - he used to 'dig ditches for a livin''. (See the Byrne page you posted, or one very close to it.)

~ Le Messor
    "Many hands make light work."

Yeah, but besides digging ditches, he was in the military during Vietnam with his brother, subtly using their powers to aid the troops. I don't have a scan, but I remember Madison being a mechanic handling maintenance and repairs while his brother was a medic.

See, I think the whole space ship thing should be doable if he has geniuses working with him and the raw materials available. That's where it gets tricky. He shouldn't be able to do something like that quickly, nor should he be able to pull it out of thin air, nor random rubble or scrap.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?