Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Marvel Solicitations For April 2014

I'm going to guess that the giant poster by Mike Deodato may have at least one Alpha Flight member.

MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY BY DEODATO OVERSIZED POSTERCelebrate 75 Amazing, Uncanny, and Mighty years of Marvel Comics with this oversized panoramic poster by superstar artist Mike Deodato! Featured on DK Publishing’s upcoming Marvel Encyclopedia Updated and Expanded 3rd Edition (featuring 32 pages of brand-new content), this senses-shattering poster brings your favorite Marvel heroes and villains to gorgeous life on a deluxe vinyl poster sheet worthy of Avengers Tower!
    FOC 3/17/14, On-Sale 4/9/14-60 X 25… $34.99
    5960607479-43411
    The solicit mentions the DK Marvel Encyclopedia, which has already had 2 editions and deluxe version, with a mismatched image for Puck that wasn't corrected in the 2nd edition. I don't have a good opinion of that book because of the bizarre uncorrected error. Wondering if it were corrected for this third edition. Here's a link to what is probably the front cover:

http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-books/Marvel-Encyclopedia-75th-Anniversary-Edition-HC/13120454

It's due out in March 2014 and will certainly contain entries for Alpha Flight members.

The poster style looks like good guys going across the top row and bad guys and former bad guys on the bottom row. I think there are far more heroes than villains so I'm not sure how it balances out. The book cover shown has 7 heroes across, so extrapolating out, it will be 6 times as wide as that image for a total of 42 good guys and 42 bad guys. Will Northstar make it into the top 42? Will any Alpha Flight villians? Maybe the Encyclopedia will come with a copy of the poster, too. Well that's my guess.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I was given that Encyclopaedia for Christmas. fwiw.

~ Le Messor
    "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
    ~ Will Rogers

which version do you have? I got me a deluxe!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Marvel-E...item338947dd0c

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqVHJCUFI9KMuSYOBSW!utLBlg~~60_3.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	3356

I didn't pay $350 for mine natch

It's a deluxe of the 1st edition actually.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

I have Marvel's 70th Anniversary edition:

Name:	m0kzvzk6oPkr5CIsCfWzMEw.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	3357

Its Alpha Flight is based around v3.

~ Le Messor
    "Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life."
    ~ Muriel Spark

Well my guess was wrong. The poster was revealed today in Previews and ain't no Northstar. Oh, well.

But! Northstar will be appear in the original graphic novel, "No More Humans". You can see him in the preview art but he's very tiny so I won't scan it.

Name:  XMENNMH-cov-41667.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  229.7 KBX-MEN: NO MORE HUMANS OGN-HC
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA
    Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
    The X-Men awaken to find all the world’s humans gone. From normal everyday folks to the Avengers and Fantastic Four, all homo sapiens have disappeared. It’s up to the disparate sides of the X-Men to come together, get to the bottom of this mystery and find a way to get the humans back. But do all of the mutants want their human brethren to return? From best-selling author and classic X-MEN scribe MIKE CAREY and superstar artist SALVADOR LARROCA comes the first X-MEN OGN since the classic X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS.
    128 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99

Images

Wow, it HAS been a long time.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a story.

~ Le Messor
    "Massachusetts has the best politicians money can buy."

Nice one! I was hoping that Carey would include him.

Ah, you can see Northstar at 0:28 in the new video trailer thingy for No More Humans:

http://video.comicbookresources.com/...railer-debuts/

It's the same image as was shown in the Previews magazine, but colored.

Good spotting Rob!

Name:	XMNMH.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	3381

Apart from the Amazing X-Men TPB there doesn't seem to be any Alphan Appearances in May, so no Solicits Article this month!

Images

Northstar's not in Amazing again?

There's a chance he might be, but it's a oneshot issue by a Guest Writer focusing on Firestar, Iceman & Spider-Man so I'm not holding out hope.
    Plus, I think Aaron said at some point that the team isn't a fixed one and with the first arc being #1-5 JP might not appear in the book after that.

JP might not appear in the book after that.
    Yeah, but, he's really fast. Surely he can be in all of Marvel's books at the same time? At least for a (blurry) panel or two?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Yeah, but, he's really fast. Surely he can be in all of Marvel's books at the same time? At least for a (blurry) panel or two?
    I think you need to have adamantium claws to do that. Maybe webshooters.
    Either way, it's in the arms.