Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
btw, I always figured that was an automatic program that did that, not something anybody at the site did on purpose.
And I've been telling that story irl ever since, as an example of some of the stupid things that happen ever since.

MODERATOR: The censoring is automated.
It was my fault, I'm pretty sure. I kept getting messages about my choice of language, so I requested the filter because altering my speech-to-writing pattern was cramping my style. Soooooryyyyyy... :3

Le Messor

And a major one - whatever the crap they did to Marrina. She was a polar opposite of her original character.
YES. No kidding. I never cared that much about her, but this sort of unrecognizable personality change for convenience sake is a pet peeve of mine, and I found her antics pedantic and '2 edgy 4 u'. Not to mention they made her too pretty. Byrne's Marina was uncanny valley creepy looking but with those cute mannerisms and sweet personality... That juxtaposition was the most interesting thing about her IMO.

What I could not forgive was how they messed up Heather so horribly just to give Mac a boost. It's like 'oh hay, your dead husband is back on the page, we don't need you to be a good leader anymore LOL, bye.' I could have forgiven that if the end of the story had made the story worthwhile and if the loose ends with her were tied up, but no... The writer liked Mac and didn't give a crap about fixing what he did to Heather. All for the big 'Alpha Flight are miserable failures' ending where Heather snaps out of it and stops the Master purely by chance.I had such high hopes, you know? There were some good points, but they left Alpha worse off for the run, IMO.

Wish I could comment more on the original topic of the thread but I'm not as well read as you guys. I can say I liked that he made Heather into Vindicator, and I liked that Madison Jeffries had tried to step into Mac's shoes in a way... I think that makes sense since Jeffries had been so invested in avenging Mac, and joining Alpha that he kind of threw his friends from Gamma under the bus. In a way, it's almost unsettling how he steps into the role he takes under Mantlo. He wants to do good but there's something about it that feels so wrong. Sometimes I see such potential in the subtle psychological possibilities of the characters, but the writers never seem to see it that way. *sigh* I think Wanda was actually a really neat idea. Gender essentialism vs gender conditioning could be explored quite a bit through that device. I'm missing the issue involving Smart Alec's body... What happened with that? I had assumed the writers had forgotten that Smart Alec was in Shaman's pouch. So... is he dead for real, or did he get put back in limbo after this whole musical chairs body swapping thing occurred?

Of course I hate what happened to Bochs. That was a travesty. And seriously, did Madison Jeffries kill both his own brother and his best friend but not develop any emotional breakdown from it? I have the issue where the **** hits the fan with Bochs, but not the ones after it. What if Madison is really borderline sociopath? Watching Dexter really got me thinking about how Madison is kind of cold and easy to manipulate into doing whatever gets him on a team, but then he's just this normal unassuming guy. At least, I think it works for explaining stuff like Weapon X and such. It syncs up well with him turning his back on Gamma Flight without looking back, and then just acting like everything is normal down the line when they resurface... no guilt. At least not in issues I have anyhow. Any one with a better collection have any thoughts on this?