Thread: Who told you to make comics "real"?!?!

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    BUT*
    Much as I love the first two X-Men movies and First Class (sorry, ES), this always bothered me about the first two. I get you want to make it more 'realistic' (because of course in real life nobody ever wears bright colours...), but at least convince me you've seen the costumes in the comics! They didn't do that. (First Class did, but the first two didn't.)
    The reason I liked the X-Men costumes in the movies (keep in mind, I'd still rather see good looking iconic costumes first) is that it made sense to me that the X-Men's uniforms would be more...uniform. The dark leather ones also seemed more functional to me in terms of protection than, say, bat-nipples. I'd have been happier if the X-Men uniforms had been leather but maybe looked like the original comic book design (the ones with the yellow stripe going down the body). Didn't First Class kind of go that route?
    In fact, it really seems it wasn't until the modern Avengers line of movies that Hollywood has really seemed to learn how to adapt the comic costumes into something that doesn't look completely ridiculous on the big screen. So hopefully no more Power Rangers Green Goblin.

* I like big buts
    "Everybody I know has a big 'but'. Come on, Simone, let's talk about your big 'but'."
    ~Pee-Wee Herman, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    Last edited by Jason Eberly; 02-16-2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to give credit to the quote...made you look!