Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
I'm thinking I should have titled this thread "Crackity Jones' discovery of Alpha Flight", and just turned it into my kind of "log" of each Alpha Flight issue I read. And you all could join me on my journey to discovering the awesome that is Alpha Flight.
You could feel happy for me when I reach the highs of certain stories, and bad for me when I reach the low points.
As if by magic...

Right now, I'm entering Mantlo's AF run. And from what other fans have told me, it's going to suck.
But, I'm trying to go into it with no preconceived notions and a clear mind so I can judge for myself.
But I'm a little nervous. Just coming off the high (well it was awesome to me, anyway) of Byrne's run, I don't really want my Alpha Flight ruined.
I still stick by Mantlo's run.
I don't think it sucks, it's just... very... different to Byrne's run.
There are definite things I disagree with but I still enjoy it as it's own thing.

I was on issue...I think it was #24 or #25, and I went on Amazon.com to order the 4th TPB...only to realize I couldn't find it.
Because it doesn't exist.
Yeah, there's only ever really been demand for the Byrne material and even that's minimal in the grand scheme of fandom.
Maybe with Mignola and later Lee's artwork the run might continue to be collected but it's a slim chance at the moment...