Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    i do what i want.
    Yes, yes you do, and I adore it - as I am sure others too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Has anyone read the AF Flashback issue or the What If?! I recently purchased those with other back issues
    Yes and yes. The WHAT IF was fun, as they usually are, but I don't recall the Flashback being all that good?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

i do what i want.
    Good answer. Hey, this is your thread, and I'm sorry - this table is reserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Has anyone read the AF Flashback issue or the What If?! I recently purchased those with other back issues
    Hey Mekko! I have both the issues Phil posted pictures of, but just to be clear:
    Is that the What If...? you meant? It's the most likely one, but Alpha Flight and members of Alpha Flight have been in more than one. (None, though, have been about Alpha... even the one Phil posted is more about the X-Men.)

Nevermind.
    I take it you read the top left-handish corner? 'coz if we told you any more, it'd be spoilery.

~ Le Messor
    "The truth can be cruel, but it can be loved, and it makes free those who have loved it."
    ~ George Santayana
    Last edited by Le Messor; 06-17-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Yes and yes. The WHAT IF was fun, as they usually are, but I don't recall the Flashback being all that good?
    I wasn't a fan of the Flashback, but at least it was about Alpha Flight!
    The What If...? had Alpha Flight completing all the X-Men's adventures, not their own, and was more told than shown.

~ Le Messor

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Good answer. Hey, this is your thread, and I'm sorry - this table is reserved!
    That's right.
    But, seriously, I don't care what people post here. As long as they're not a-holes to me, I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I take it you read the top left-handish corner? 'coz if we told you any more, it'd be spoilery.
    Yeah, I had first viewed it on my phone on another board. I didn't notice the smaller print up top. Then I posted it, and STILL didn't see the smaller print up top until AFTER I posted it.
    Someone posted it in an X-Factor thread somewhere else, and I thought I was dreaming for a minute: I mean, a mix of X-Factor and Alpha Flight? I don't see it ever happening, but I GOT SUPER EXCITED FOR A SECOND because I thought Marvel really loved me and was going to make allllll my comic dreams come true.

That's right.
    But, seriously, I don't care what people post here. As long as they're not a-holes to me, I'm fine.
    While I have no powers here on this forum, if anyone was ever an a-hole to you, they'd somehow answer to me!

While I have no powers here on this forum, if anyone was ever an a-hole to you, they'd somehow answer to me!
    awwww. You're like a 5th older brother to me. Except on the internet. That's kind of awesome. <3

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

You guys can talk about whatever you'd like. As long as we can talk Alpha Flight occasionally.

And, Chris: One of my other fave characters, Nightcrawler, is back to dating his sister again. And I still think it's gross. Even if they are not blood-related.
    I might be too uptight at times for comics? I don't know.
    Naw...you're not the only one who is really passionate about Alpha Flight...and the terrible things that have been done to them.

Going off on tangents happens from time to time, but usually somebody brings things back to the original theme.

Or do we have to mention that Heather's name was spelled 2 ways in the same issue? AF# 29: "McNeil" (p. 6) and "MacNeil" (p. 21) "MacNeil" happens a lot throughout the Mantlo era.

So let's see your ranking of Alpha Flight members (for as far as you have gotten) - as well as anyone else who wants to rank top to bottom.

Guardian (Mac)
    Vindicator (Heather)
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Marrina
    Puck
    Talisman (Elizabeth)
    Madison Jefferies
    Box (Bochs)
    Diamond Lil
    Manikin
    Purple Girl
    Goblyn

So let's see your ranking of Alpha Flight members (for as far as you have gotten) - as well as anyone else who wants to rank top to bottom.

Guardian (Mac)
    Vindicator (Heather)
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Marrina
    Puck
    Talisman (Elizabeth)
    Madison Jefferies
    Box (Bochs)
    Diamond Lil
    Manikin
    Purple Girl
    Goblyn
    Ranking our faves?

1. Guardian (Mac4evah)
    2. Northstar
    3. Aurora
    4. Puck (when not moping about Heather)
    5. Shaman
    6. Talisman
    7. Bochs
    8. Jefferies
    9. Sasquatch
    10. Manikin
    11. Purple Girl
    12. Heather (MAKES ME SO SAD THAT SHE RANKS HERE BECAUSE SHE NOW SUCKS).

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Naw...you're not the only one who is really passionate about Alpha Flight...and the terrible things that have been done to them.

Going off on tangents happens from time to time, but usually somebody brings things back to the original theme.

Or do we have to mention that Heather's name was spelled 2 ways in the same issue? AF# 29: "McNeil" (p. 6) and "MacNeil" (p. 21) "MacNeil" happens a lot throughout the Mantlo era.
    I'm still adjusting to the fact that all of the original members are gone (as of #51), Northstar is living with elves (cause he's now a half elf???), Aurora was abandoned in the dark because: HEATHER, Heather is dancing around claiming her AF is better than Mac's, Purple Girl and Manikin are an item, Sasquatch has forgotten that even though he's physically a woman when in human form, he's still Walter in mind and spirit, and suddenly he is flirting with Gary Cody.
    Mac is still dead.
    Heather is still a freaking disappointment and an idiot.

That's right.
    Everyone is nice here which is why I don't post on sites like Bleedingcool

And Phil and Rob will ban their IP address faster than Northstar can blink.

I'm still adjusting to the fact that all of the original members are gone (as of #51), Northstar is living with elves (cause he's now a half elf???), Aurora was abandoned in the dark because: HEATHER, Heather is dancing around claiming her AF is better than Mac's, Purple Girl and Manikin are an item, Sasquatch has forgotten that even though he's physically a woman when in human form, he's still Walter in mind and spirit, and suddenly he is flirting with Gary Cody.
    Mac is still dead.
    Heather is still a freaking disappointment and an idiot.
    Jeez, after typing all of that out, I have to wonder why again I am still reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Everyone is nice here which is why I don't post on sites like Bleedingcool
    Not even going to check out that link. No more forums for me. Two is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    And Phil and Rob will ban their IP address faster than Northstar can blink.
    Because Alpha Flight People are AWESOME.

While I have no powers here on this forum
    So, we aren't counting "funny" as a super-power then? Okay, scratch that one off my list.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/