Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    But I admit to kind of liking this sorcerer storyline. It got kind of dark and murder-y, which isn't something I typically like in comics, but Alpha Flight needed interesting. To me, Mantlo's run was rarely fun.
    I liked when the couple initially finds it and what happens. It's later... where I have an issue with it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Do they come back during Hudnall's run?
    I'm pretty sure I remember a two-story arc with Laura and Goblyn in it. But don't quote me on that.
    You know how I hate quotes.

~ Le Messor
    "Nature doesn't take care of individuals."
    ~ Dave Yost

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I liked when the couple initially finds it and what happens. It's later... where I have an issue with it.
    So, how far am I away from finding out just how bad you think the story is? I read #75 last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I'm pretty sure I remember a two-story arc with Laura and Goblyn in it. But don't quote me on that.
    You know how I hate quotes.

~ Le Messor
    "Nature doesn't take care of individuals."
    ~ Dave Yost
    Ah, yes, the Hater of Quotes.

Good, I want Laura and Goblyn to come back.

So, how far am I away from finding out just how bad you think the story is? I read #75 last night.
    Don't let my view skew anything. Read it and get to the end, and see if you enjoy it!

Nobody's view skews anything for me. I was just curious.
    There are quite a few here who love Mantlo's AF run. I can only think of three things that I didn't HATE about it. Yet, I read the entire thing anyway. Even though I well know of your dislike for Llan the Sorcerer, I still intend to read the entire arc. NOTHING anyone says about AF is going to make me NOT read anything written about AF.
    And no one's opinion is going to form my own. I am capable of forming my own opinions, and if mine end up being the same as yours or others', then that is coincidence, not planned.
    This is, like, the third time someone here has implied my view will be/is skewed by another's view.
    I find that implication rather insulting to me. As if I cannot form opinions of my own.

And, no, I'm not mad. It's just the third time it's been implied, and I want it to be known that I CANNNNNN think for myself. And I do.

This is, like, the third time someone here has implied my view will be/is skewed by another's view.
    I find that implication rather insulting to me. As if I cannot form opinions of my own.
    Well I won't speak for anyone else - but when I say I don't want my views to skew - it's basically to say, if I rant and rave about something - you may LOOK for something in what I said. Not that you wouldn't or would read it, because of something I said. But if I nitpick something, you may read it, see it, where as, if you just read it with no prior knowledge of my feelings, you may find some enjoyment. So it's not that you can't/won't create your own opinions. It's kind of like when you have a cut on your arm - it doesn't bother you until you notice it - and suddenly it hurts. That's my theory.

I just want you to read it - and comment as you go - and we can discuss it then!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

And, no, I'm not mad. It's just the third time it's been implied, and I want it to be known that I CANNNNNN think for myself. And I do.
    Apologies, I know I've said that to you.
    It's just, I know I CAN think for myself, too, and can form my own opinions, too -
    BUT I also know how much my own opinions DO get skewed by others' opinions.

I try to be fiercely independent in what I think of things, but it's much harder when somebody has told me what to think of something. It's magnified somethingfold if they've done it before I've had a chance to form my own opinion.

I also know that I'm far from the exception that way; that happens with most people.

~ Le Messor
    "Everyone has a right to my opinion."
    ~ poster

Also, posting our views - whether it skews things or not - is a potential for spoilers for you, who hasn't yet read the stories ahead! So it's just nicer to wait and see your reactions and then reply to them!

It's okay, guys. I'm not upset with anyone. I just wanted it to be known (since I felt it implied otherwise) that I can think for myself. And don't forget it.

Is there a reason Hudnall keeps jumping from one place to another every other issue? I just read #77, and it was some off-the-wall thing with Heather, and NOTHING to do with The Sorcerer.

Made me really DESPISE Madison Jeffries, though.
    ROAR.

It's okay, guys. I'm not upset with anyone. I just wanted it to be known (since I felt it implied otherwise) that I can think for myself. And don't forget it.
    Is there a reason Hudnall keeps jumping from one place to another every other issue? I just read #77, and it was some off-the-wall thing with Heather, and NOTHING to do with The Sorcerer.
    Made me really DESPISE Madison Jeffries, though.
    ROAR.
    I suspect Hudnall knew how much you once loved Heather and was able to glance into the future - and knew how you had grown to hate her. So he took another character, for you to hate more, and thus slowly bring your love of Heather back to you. That's what I suspect anyway.

I don't think I have #77! What did Jeffries do that was so horrible? I have some theories about his psychology this could add to.

Also, is your name a Pixies reference? Crack crack crackety Jones!
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I suspect Hudnall knew how much you once loved Heather and was able to glance into the future - and knew how you had grown to hate her. So he took another character, for you to hate more, and thus slowly bring your love of Heather back to you. That's what I suspect anyway.
    ohmygod, TAWMIS.
    IWASJUSTTHINKINGTHIS.

Really, though, even though Heather is still a leader, and she still likes to state that quite a lot, somehow Hudnall writes her a MILLION TIMES better than Mantlo ever did.
    He gives her flaws while not making her sacrifice her team because of her flaws. Which makes her real(er).

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I don't think I have #77! What did Jeffries do that was so horrible? I have some theories about his psychology this could add to.

Also, is your name a Pixies reference? Crack crack crackety Jones!
    Hello, EccentricSage-

Yes, my name is a Pixies reference.
    I am from the Chicagoland as well.
    And Jeffries had Diamond Lil in his apartment when Heather called to tell him she wasn't going to be able to come over to see him that evening, and he said it was okay he had other things to do anyway.
    So, yeah, obviously his "other things to do" was Diamond Lil.

Just get him away from Heather. Bring Mac back. And my Alpha Flight will BE that much closer to being correct again.
    Last edited by Crackity Jones; 07-23-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: My pre-coffee self forgets WORDS.

Yeah, #77 was a strange one.

It comes across as a inventory issue that was written before Hudnall started his run, like with #63.
    The fact that it has a standalone guest penciller makes me think that it was used as a fill-in because Calimee was running late, possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, #77 was a strange one.

It comes across as a inventory issue that was written before Hudnall started his run, like with #63.
    The fact that it has a standalone guest penciller makes me think that it was used as a fill-in because Calimee was running late, possibly?
    If that's the reason (the Calimee one), then consider me shocked.
    It's not like it was an Alan Davis, Byrne, or Lee drawing these issues.