Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    <3
    You're the best, Tawmis. Really, you are.
    I bet you say that to all the Tawmis' and Adam-X's you know...
    Which, come to think of it, is probably just me!

I'm still waiting for you to tell me to shut up about them one of these days. ha.
    That is not going to happen!

You KNOW I am going to be posting about everything I read. I just read the Hulk issue in volume 3 TPB, and am getting ready to start #29 (which I didn't realize was in the TPB, so I ordered the single). I'm hesitant to start it, though, as it'll be my last in order Alpha Flight until the rest of my books arrive.
    Heh. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That X-Men and Alpha Flight "The Gift" story from the Asgardian Wars takes place between AF 22 and 23. Seeing those two covers again makes me wish Paul Smith would have taken over pencilling AF after Byrne left.
    Agreed. Wasn't he off doing X-Men at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hey Crackity (should we call you that?),
    A very warm welcome to the site and thank you for joining!
    It's always refreshing to hear of new 'Flight fans.
    There's also an Introduction Thread but it's pretty stale by now, so this thread is a great idea
    She was worried (because she claims to be shy!) that folks might tear her apart here.

I told her that we're all a friendly bunch here.

Right now, I'm entering Mantlo's AF run. And from what other fans have told me, it's going to suck.
    But, I'm trying to go into it with no preconceived notions and a clear mind so I can judge for myself.
    But I'm a little nervous. Just coming off the high (well it was awesome to me, anyway) of Byrne's run, I don't really want my Alpha Flight ruined.
    Well, it's not that it sucks. It's just - clearly - a very different direction for Alpha Flight. I enjoy when (writers/artists) switch - and it's a smooth transition. This, however, felt like whiplash. It immediately feels like he hits the ground running - in a very different direction that what we saw previously with Byrne. Kind of like a rollercoaster - it's up and down up and down - and then - BLAM - a hard right that jerks you to the side. You can still enjoy the ride, but it's quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I bet you say that to all the Tawmis' and Adam-X's you know...
    Which, come to think of it, is probably just me!
    As a matter of fact, I do! And as a matter of fact, you ARE.

That is not going to happen!
    Because you're the best.

Heh. Looking forward to your thoughts!
    I actually LIKED #29. I didn't think it was bad at all, really. Different, but not bad.
    It was Mantlo's first AF issue, yes? If so, I could tell it was a "take over" issue, and that he was going somewhere...else with it. But, it's only his first issue that I've read, but it was not bad, imo.

She was worried (because she claims to be shy!) that folks might tear her apart here.

I told her that we're all a friendly bunch here.
    I typically *AM* shy! Because when I try NOT to be I do things like, oh, I don't know, forget to read rules and ask two questions that could have been answered if I had read things properly.
    Yes, everyone has been super friendly so far.

Well, it's not that it sucks. It's just - clearly - a very different direction for Alpha Flight. I enjoy when (writers/artists) switch - and it's a smooth transition. This, however, felt like whiplash. It immediately feels like he hits the ground running - in a very different direction that what we saw previously with Byrne. Kind of like a rollercoaster - it's up and down up and down - and then - BLAM - a hard right that jerks you to the side. You can still enjoy the ride, but it's quite different.
    I will be the judge of these things, Tawmis! :P
    I just need my characters. Because that's all I care about. Right now.