Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I know who you mean, Phil.
    Me, too. But not so sure that i'd agree about them being ruined.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

When Crackity gets past them I'll post a big ol' rant about it

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    How long until I get there?
    I'm going to be starting #54 soon. I feel like such an Alpha Baby.

Hey! Leave a tender moment alone!
    Well, I really shouldn't have been surprised by it. She had mentioned twice, on the same page, in the beginning of the issue that she was going to be giving him his own private training session.

That sounds about right. They definitely weren't introduced in the annuals. (Honestly, though, I never had the introduction problem you're having; I wonder why?)
    If you go back and read #52, and then you read #53, pretend this is your first go with Alpha Flight, pretend you have mostly been traumatized by Mantlo's run, and pretend you have just lost every character in the story that you ever cared about (and that includes Heather, but that's been one, long, dragged out good bye for over 20 issues now). You will know what I am talking about. Or at least remember the feeling.

Also, I ended up naming my cat after Goblyn!

~ Le Messor
    Mum: Calvin, how did you break this dish?
    Calvin: I was carrying too much and it dropped.
    Mum: Your problem is you've got no common sense.
    Calvin: I've got plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
    awwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    You are, most definitely.
    I missed this somehow!
    Thank you, Garry! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    She apologized for thinking tons of bad things about Mac.
    I was looking forward to you getting to that point.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Don't! Phil, no! You'll ruin your reputation among Crackity as the best person on this forum!

How long until I get there? I'm going to be starting #54 soon. I feel like such an Alpha Baby.
    Patience, Padawan. It will be quite some time.

Hey! Leave a tender moment alone!
    Well, I really shouldn't have been surprised by it.
    It was out of the blue, and made me feel sorry for Puck.
    I still couldn't resist a Billy Joel joke, though. Perfect set-ups like that don't come along every day.

If you go back and read #52, and then you read #53, pretend this is your first go with Alpha Flight, pretend you have mostly been traumatized by Mantlo's run, and pretend you have just lost every character in the story that you ever cared about (and that includes Heather, but that's been one, long, dragged out good bye for over 20 issues now). You will know what I am talking about. Or at least remember the feeling.
    Unlike you, I didn't read them in order the first time. Maybe that had something to do with it? I EXPECTED characters to appear and disappear without introduction or fanfare, so when it happened I wasn't surprised.
    Also, I don't have to pretend I've mostly been traumatised by Mantlo's run.
    Mostly.

I have re-read all of them in order, though, since.

(Heather) apologized for thinking tons of bad things about Mac.
    Is this what I was referring to, do you suppose, when I talked about the bad things said about Mac being kinda retconned away?

It's the small things, I guess.
    ~ Le Messor
    "You can burn my house, you can cut my hair
    You can make me wrestle naked with a grizzly bear
    But if you talk in the movies, I'll kill you right there

It's the little things, it's just the little things"

~ Alice Cooper, It's The Little Things

Don't! Phil, no! You'll ruin your reputation among Crackity as the best person on this forum!
    Phil is AWESOME!!!!!
    But I have yet to come across anyone here who is NOT awesome (including you ).

Patience, Padawan. It will be quite some time.
    As much as I'm sure you love the fact that this is torturing me, I will be patient.

It was out of the blue, and made me feel sorry for Puck.
    I still couldn't resist a Billy Joel joke, though. Perfect set-ups like that don't come along every day.
    Oh! Yeah, the INITIAL relationship/hit-on/development/whatever of Heather and Jeffries made me feel bad for Puck, but I was specifically referring to the private training session from issue #53

Unlike you, I didn't read them in order the first time. Maybe that had something to do with it? I EXPECTED characters to appear and disappear without introduction or fanfare, so when it happened I wasn't surprised.
    Also, I don't have to pretend I've mostly been traumatised by Mantlo's run.
    Mostly.
    I can never tell with you if you liked Mantlo's run or hated it. hahaha. You say, a lot that you didn't like it, but then you say something that makes me second guess if you are joking or serious. OR? I DO NOT KNOW.

Is this what I was referring to, do you suppose, when I talked about the bad things said about Mac being kinda retconned away?
    Maybe? I am not sure. Only YOU know what you were referring to. There could be OTHER things during Mantlo's run that you were referring to, and I wouldn't know because I haven't read it yet.
    I'm glad she finally had a sensible thought bubble, though.

~ Le Messor
    "You can burn my house, you can cut my hair
    You can make me wrestle naked with a grizzly bear
    But if you talk in the movies, I'll kill you right there

It's the little things, it's just the little things"

~ Alice Cooper, It's The Little Things
    Yeah, yeah. hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
    I was looking forward to you getting to that point.
    YAY!!!

So is she done talking smack about Mac? Or is this going to happen again?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

But I have yet to come across anyone here who is NOT awesome (including you ).
    You don't know me! :P

As much as I'm sure you love the fact that this is torturing me, I will be patient.
    So it's to be torture?
    No, I don't love that side of it.

Oh! Yeah, the INITIAL relationship/hit-on/development/whatever of Heather and Jeffries made me feel bad for Puck, but I was specifically referring to the private training session from issue #53
    To me, their relationship came from nowhere, seemed very random, and stomped on things that'd gone before.
    So, yeah.

I can never tell with you if you liked Mantlo's run or hated it. hahaha. You say, a lot that you didn't like it, but then you say something that makes me second guess if you are joking or serious. OR? I DO NOT KNOW.
    Overall, I did NOT like it, but there were things in it that I did like.
    Sometimes I'm joking, but still telling the truth.

Maybe? I am not sure. Only YOU know what you were referring to. There could be OTHER things during Mantlo's run that you were referring to,
    In this case, I don't know either. I just remember having a feeling of relief that they'd retconned away (even vaguely) something I'd hated from the beginning.
    Whatever it was may not have been in Mantlo's run.

~ Le Messor
    "Must I hold a candle to my shames?"

You don't know me! :P
    BUT I FEEL LIKE I DO. OOOOH.

So it's to be torture?
    No, I don't love that side of it.
    Wtf were we even talking about with this again?

To me, their relationship came from nowhere, seemed very random, and stomped on things that'd gone before.
    So, yeah.
    Yes, it did. I think it was Mantlo's sad attempt to make Heather appear like some liberated, independent woman who could think for herself and finally let go of "rotten" Mac so she could love again. And it failed (at least where I'm at in reading, it fails at feeling genuine). It's gross. I wanted Puck to win. *sigh*

Overall, I did NOT like it, but there were things in it that I did like.
    Sometimes I'm joking, but still telling the truth.
    I liked the issues with Namor and Marrina and the almost-pustule babies.

In this case, I don't know either. I just remember having a feeling of relief that they'd retconned away (even vaguely) something I'd hated from the beginning.
    Whatever it was may not have been in Mantlo's run.
    Yeah, that Wolverine garbage, her thinking Mac created him, betraying her, being just bad, evil Mac, I'm glad that is all done.

~ Le Messor
    "Must I hold a candle to my shames?"
    Where do you find these things?

I can never tell with you...then you say something that makes me second guess if you are joking or serious. OR? I DO NOT KNOW.
    Welcome to MikWorld.

It's gross. I wanted Puck to win. *sigh*
    As did I. Another reason why I dislike Jeffries so much; he took the place that was rightfully (imo) Puck's.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I found Puck and Heather distasteful.

Eugene was so greatful to Mac for all he'd done for him; the last thing he'd do would be to jump on Heather as soon as he died.

I liked Puck as Heather's rock, like Logan was.

Why can't a man and a woman just be friends?

I found Puck and Heather distasteful.
    But you have to understand, that yes, it started during Byrne's run, but it wasn't truthfully established during Byrne's run. I mean, it was obvious that he had feelings for her, and he started to admit it during the talk Shaman had with him, but he still didn't come out and say it. And no, woe-is-me-Heather-could-never-love-a-dwarf thought bubbles yet.

Eugene was so greatful to Mac for all he'd done for him; the last thing he'd do would be to jump on Heather as soon as he died.
    Yes, and as I stated, it did start during Byrne's run, but it was still tasteful. He wasn't a woeful, lost puppy dog following her every move. He truly seemed okay with being there for her without other motives pushing him.

I liked Puck as Heather's rock, like Logan was.

Why can't a man and a woman just be friends?
    I do agree, but as a broken record, it started during Byrne's run. And it became obvious pretty fast that he had feelings for her, but Mantlo just made it pitiful and awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    As did I. Another reason why I dislike Jeffries so much; he took the place that was rightfully (imo) Puck's.
    Well, if we want to be technical, it would have rightfully been Mac's place.
    If Mac hadn't died.
    And if Mantlo hadn't turned his widow into a mindless moron.