Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I can't tell if that's good or bad!

>
    It's neither. And either.
    And as for the rest, I was only teasing.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    And if you all are going to hijack my thread, then you'd better consider me a part of your AlphaFlight.net family.
    I mean it!

You are, most definitely.

BTW, I agree with Le Messor about mentioning the origins of Heather's first suit (something that Heather herself should have been keenly aware of before putting it on).
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 06-24-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Now you're just punking me about liking that entire storyline. LOL
    I don't mind it either, tbh. Thought it's far from my favourite story.

I appreciate Hundall pulling the team back together (I agree, he did this!) - but like the story with the whole city goes nuts, the little girl with the knife who goes crazy, all these people dead, laying everywhere... Just seemed like ... worse than the Jason Goes To Hell movie... Or Jason X (where he goes to space)...
    I've never seen those two movies. Just some of the highlights from Jason X. The horror aspects were a mandate from above.

I just couldn't buy it. The art, certainly didn't help - and I believe this was the worse art in AF's history...
    I agree that it was the worst art in AF history... and that some later people drew Sas like they'd never seen him before; but I think the rest of the art on those runs was okay.
    Just okay. Not good, but serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Le Messor about mentioning the origins of Heather's first suit (something that Heather herself should have been keenly aware of before putting it on).
    Heather especially.

~ Le Messor
    Mum, can Hobbes and I rent a VCR and a tape tonight?
    Mum: I don't think so Calvin. It's a school night.
    Calvin: What if we got an education tape?
    Mum: Like what?
    Calvin: "Cannibal Stewardess Vixens Unchained."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    RE:Llan the Sorcerer Storyline.
    I don't mind it either, tbh. Thought it's far from my favourite story.
    Now you're all just punking me! LOL

I've never seen those two movies. Just some of the highlights from Jason X. The horror aspects were a mandate from above.
    I enjoy the original 5 or 6 Friday the 13th's for what they were. Brainless slasher flicks. But when Jason goes to Hell and fights there... and then when he gets shot into space, and starts killing people on a space station... then they haven't just jumped the shark, they have jumped the solar system...

I agree that it was the worst art in AF history... and that some later people drew Sas like they'd never seen him before; but I think the rest of the art on those runs was okay.
    Just okay. Not good, but serviceable.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I liked Jason X.

Something is very wrong with you... LOL

I am hoping it's something to be glad about.
    I haven't had any reading time this week, but hopefully soon. I am hoping I can breeze through these coming Not Alpha issues, so that I can get to the issues where there are at least some of the original members back (AS they were, mainly).
    Honestly, you do. I think you have some good reading ahead of you.

Think of it this way, most people regard Bill's run the worse of the Alpha Flight saga. So plenty of other writers come along and try to make the best of a mess, and do a pretty good job, considering the shattered pieces of Alpha Flight they were left with.

most people regard Bill's run the worse of the Alpha Flight saga. So plenty of other writers come along and try to make the best of a mess, and do a pretty good job, considering the shattered pieces of Alpha Flight they were left with.
    I think that Mantlo's run was the worst run of the volume simply because it was the longest.

There were shorter runs that had worse ideas/plots/execution/dialogue than Mantlo did, but because they were 8 issues long they didn't make as much of a lingering stink.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Now you're all just punking me! LOL
    The more I think about the Llan storyline, the more I remember that you're right, I didn't like it that much.
    ... OTOH, I also remember loving Hudnall's writing; mostly because I devoured #74 (which was part of said storyline) even though I hated the art.

I even started trying to redraw it myself, but never got anywhere.

I enjoy the original 5 or 6 Friday the 13th's for what they were. Brainless slasher flicks. But when Jason goes to Hell and fights there... and then when he gets shot into space, and starts killing people on a space station... then they haven't just jumped the shark, they have jumped the solar system...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think that Mantlo's run was the worst run of the volume simply because it was the longest.
    There were shorter runs that had worse ideas/plots/execution/dialogue than Mantlo did, but because they were 8 issues long they didn't make as much of a lingering stink.
    True - but those runs didn't tend to derail the characters the way Mantlo's did, either.
    I don't like Nicieza's run much, but I've loved other stuff he's written. :/

~ Le Messor
    "That would take hard work. Hard work which we don't have!"
    ~ Nostalgia Critic

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    You are, most definitely.
    I missed this somehow!
    Thank you, Garry! <3

Okay, I've taken my replies to the Mac/Heather thing over to http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...r-s-Leadership as it's starting to reach WAY beyond the point that Crackity is up to in the series, and because it's kinda taking away focus.

Feel free to carry on there, but be warned: It will cover anything published up till Amazing X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Okay, I've taken my replies to the Mac/Heather thing over to http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...r-s-Leadership as it's starting to reach WAY beyond the point that Crackity is up to in the series, and because it's kinda taking away focus.

Feel free to carry on there, but be warned: It will cover anything published up till Amazing X-Men #8.
    I am never going to catch up. I'm still on volume 1 and will be for a long time.

I am never going to catch up. I'm still on volume 1 and will be for a long time.
    Be glad! At least you have a lot of Alpha Flight to look forward to, unlike the rest of us.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Be glad! At least you have a lot of Alpha Flight to look forward to, unlike the rest of us.
    I am hoping it's something to be glad about.
    I haven't had any reading time this week, but hopefully soon. I am hoping I can breeze through these coming Not Alpha issues, so that I can get to the issues where there are at least some of the original members back (AS they were, mainly).

From the up's & downs in quality of what comes after Vol.1 that's not necessarily a bad thing...

Wait. It gets worse than Mantlo's run?

Wait. It gets worse than Mantlo's run?
    Llan the Sorcerer.

'nuff said.

Llan the Sorcerer.

'nuff said.

I enjoyed the Llan storyline, and the character himself.
    Hudnall pulled a lot of AF back together and connected a lot of random Mantlo plot points in a nice tidy package that acknowledged Alpha's mystical and family roots through Llan.
    The art was the worst part.