Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    Garry is too awesome to be banned. His efforts are for nothing.
    I'm pretty sure you already established that Garry is The Bringer Of Ruin. Are you trying to replace that title with Garry the Effortless, or Garry the Unbannable? Cuz, as far as cool titles go, The Bringer Of Ruin is "fairly well awesome".
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you already established that Garry is The Bringer Of Ruin. Are you trying to replace that title with Garry the Effortless, or Garry the Unbannable? Cuz, as far as cool titles go, The Bringer Of Ruin is "fairly well awesome".
    ALLLL those titles are pretty freaking amazing, I say!
    Therefore, I think Garry should pick one out of those three titles.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default "His efforts are for nothing"

I love her even though Garry just tried to ruin her for me. :P

Goblyn's okay; her dad isn't. g/a-f

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Well, Goblyn isn't exactly 100% of this (Earth) world, if I am remembering correctly, so there may be a touch of supernatural to her claws that allow her to do what Wolverine can't.

And seriously, you should be glad that there's a character out there who CAN do something that Wolverine can't!
    Ahhh, CJ and Tawmis, I went back and actually looked at/read # 54. I should never post before checking, first. One day, I'll learn...

I like "Garry the Effortless", although [unintentional] "The Bringer of Ruin" is probably more accurate. But this is CJ's thread, and I've griped about the Mantlo era enough...for awhile.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I like "Garry the Effortless", although [unintentional] "The Bringer of Ruin" is probably more accurate. But this is CJ's thread, and I've griped about the Mantlo era enough...for awhile.
    No, there is NEVER enough griping about the Mantlo era.
    Remember: The Mantlo Era birthed Purple Girl who is the WORST character in the history of EVER.
    We must remind ourselves and keep the hate strong so that we can keep each other fueled. Purple Girl's awfulness cannot be forgotten. Forgetting is how history repeats itself.
    NO MORE PURPLE GIRL(S).

this post is mainly a bunch of BS. It's Monday, I deserve an allowance of BS.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, and even Mantlo gave me something good: Goblyn.
    But that's the ONLY thing.
    You don't like DreamQueen? I knew you didn't like her as much as Goblyn, but that didn't have to mean not at all.
    Then again, she's something evil.

To me, that song was about a trio of curious siblings who walked in on their dad having an affair... hence the "He left us now for dead". Because I highly doubt his father had intentions of killing them, but at their age, they probably felt like he was going to.
    I didn't get 'intent on killing them' from 'left for dead'; just, he walked out on the family, and if they lived or died after, so be it.

Yes, Mantlo DID leave a lot of necessary clean-up. How long was Hudnall's run again?
    He stays until around about #90.
    Then Nicieza is next, who CAN be a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Pathway. Didn't she has some communication issue? Autism?
    Yes, she was autistic.
    In fact, these comics were the first place I ran into that word - at the time, I thought it was just a cool character trait, not a serious condition.
    I know better now.

~ Le Messor
    (Frasier?) : "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
    Woody: The same is true of Math!
    ~ Cheers

NO MORE PURPLE GIRL(S).
    You're gonna hate volume 2, then.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

No, there is NEVER enough griping about the Mantlo era.
    Remember: The Mantlo Era birthed Purple Girl who is the WORST character in the history of EVER.
    We must remind ourselves and keep the hate strong so that we can keep each other fueled. Purple Girl's awfulness cannot be forgotten. Forgetting is how history repeats itself.
    NO MORE PURPLE GIRL(S).
    Purple Girl - the worse character - ever?

This is actually an interesting topic... going to make a new thread, so we can all toss in our opinions...

I just finished #63 tonight.
    I am officially in Hudnall's run (as of #62, I believe), and just tell me ONE thing:
    Does he make immediate attempts at correcting some of the foolishness Mantlo did (like Snowbirdsquatch? Heather? Like, the entirety of NOT Alpha?)?

Just tell me if he goes in and tries to fix that crap right away. Pretty please? You don't have to spoil anything by telling me yes or no.

I just finished #63 tonight.
    I am officially in Hudnall's run (as of #62, I believe), and just tell me ONE thing:
    Does he make immediate attempts at correcting some of the foolishness Mantlo did (like Snowbirdsquatch? Heather? Like, the entirety of NOT Alpha?)?

Just tell me if he goes in and tries to fix that crap right away. Pretty please? You don't have to spoil anything by telling me yes or no.
    He tries, you can see that much.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

You like classic rock, I'm not sure if you'd like him or not.
    He had the folsky feel that led to some of the classics; sort of like Cat Stevens crossed with the theme to Adventure Time.

He makes good use of background singers and his other musicians.
    Along with some slightly disturbing lyrics!

You'll be sleeping with the lights on now.
    I slept with a sword next to my bed that night, I'm telling you!

(Of course, I sleep with a sword next to my bed every night...)

It's like watching every horror movie at once.

Yeah, he definitely does.
    Of course, there was a LOT of ruin to clean up.

~ Le Messor
    "I’m not saying let’s go kill all the stupid people… I’m just saying let’s remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."
    ~ sign

Somewhat, yes. Nothing EVER gets completely reByrned until...well, never, really. But it does more resemble Byrne's team (altho not in writing style) in the Chaos War one-shot and beyond(ish).

But, there are still good parts in all these episodes, all these runs, all these volumes. You just can't ever go home again.
    *sniffle*
    I figured as much.
    Yeah, and even Mantlo gave me something good: Goblyn.
    But that's the ONLY thing.

This is comforting. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    He had the folsky feel that led to some of the classics; sort of like Cat Stevens crossed with the theme to Adventure Time.
    He's fun. Or can be. He can also be serious, which is due at times.

Along with some slightly disturbing lyrics!
    To me, that song was about a trio of curious siblings who walked in on their dad having an affair. A real life situation that turned scary for them. And they made it bigger and scarier than it probably really was, hence the "He left us now for dead". Because I highly doubt his father had intentions of killing them, but at their age, they probably felt like he was going to.

I slept with a sword next to my bed that night, I'm telling you!

(Of course, I sleep with a sword next to my bed every night...)

It's like watching every horror movie at once.
    That bad, huh?

Yeah, he definitely does.
    Of course, there was a LOT of ruin to clean up.
    Yes, Mantlo DID leave a lot of necessary clean-up. How long was Hudnall's run again?

Somewhat, yes. Nothing EVER gets completely reByrned until...well, never, really. But it does more resemble Byrne's team (altho not in writing style) in the Chaos War one-shot and beyond(ish).

But, there are still good parts in all these episodes, all these runs, all these volumes. You just can't ever go home again.

I have to say that even though I wasn't a fan of alot of things that happened post-Byrne (i.e. anything to do with mystical worlds, magic, dimensions), I did enjoy mostt characters that were created. The way I view it is that we just didn't get to know them well enough. I was always intrigued by Pathway. Didn't she has some communication issue? Autism? I liked how they were all sort of growing in their own way. I quite enjoyed what happened to Purple Girl in Vol 4. I hope Marvel uses her in other ways.

I hope Purple Girl gets slaughtered.
    By Northstar.
    Eventually.
    That character cannot disappear fast enough for my liking. I cannot stand her.

#66 is Mantlo's last issue, #63 was a fill-in/precursor.

It's... different.