Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Yes and no. Much like Alpha Flight V2, I recall enjoy all of those image books (Cyberforce, being the top, followed by WildCATS, Stormwatch, Bloodstrike, Brigade, Youngblood, Shadowhawk, Savage Dragon, WetWorks, and the list goes on)...

I ask, have you tried to re-read any of those lately? Art. Amazing. Story. Not so much.
    Actually, i have longboxes FULL of old Image 90's titles; all of them bought after-the-fact. Almost to a title/issue, I love 'em.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Sure, just flood my thread with Image speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    Sure, just flood my thread with Image speak.
    You brought up Jim Lee.

You brought up Jim Lee.
    You know, that is SOOOO like you, Tawmis: muck up my thread and then STILL find a way to blame me.

You know, that is SOOOO like you, Tawmis: muck up my thread and then STILL find a way to blame me.
    Just saying, it's still about you! (I technically asked you where Jim Lee had done not so awsome art! It's just Flight asked if that was a dig at Image, so I had to reply to him to be clear!)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Will have to check those out from home.
    They're fun, but about 1/2hr each.
    FTR, I did look for one for #2, but didn't find it.

~ Le Messor
    "Musicians are just playin' folks."

Oh!
    So, I read #59 and #60.
    A little irritated that Puck (as Not Puck) was brought back only to be the one sacrificed out of the group.
    Seriously, why couldn't Purple Girl have been the one who got stuck going back with Dream Queen?

Yeah... it was a bit of a tease.

His (next) actual return is fairly amusing though...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah... it was a bit of a tease.
    He came back just in time to take one for the team and then off again he went. Poor Puck. Poor, poor used and abused Puck. If I keep thinking about this, it's going to make me dislike Mantlo on this book even more. If that is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    His (next) actual return is fairly amusing though...
    As in good amusing? Or as in bad amusing?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default coming soon...The Hudnall era

The art improved, like, WHOA.
    It did, and Al Milgrom's inking has a lot to do with it.

Oh!
    So, I read #59 and #60.
    A little irritated that Puck (as Not Puck) was brought back only to be the one sacrificed out of the group.
    Seriously, why couldn't Purple Girl have been the one who got stuck going back with Dream Queen?
    Judd is the only one who didn't get mind-bombed (probably because he wasn't officially an Alphan, anymore). As for Purple Girl, # 61 (which I like mainly for being farcical and because of "Mr. Laughton") is the beginning of the break-up of Mantlo's "Alpha Flight".

One thing about the art after # 66: does anyone know how much time the artist had to draw the books? Alpha Flight was published twice-in-a-month for a stretch, wasn't it? And the page count, started at 28 pages but got whittled down to 24? I think the Hudnall era made the most of a bad situation, a thankless job of trying to fix the Mantlo era and keep the book on schedule.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hi everybody,

I've just made a post on another (unnamed) thread where I give massive spoilers for a different franchise.
    Just want to reassure you that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've never read the book in question, and only used a couple of names I've heard.

(I'm posting here rather than there in case there's any truth to the idea that the other (unnamed) thread is being monitored! :P)

~ Mik
    "I've felt a great disturbance in The Force, as if a million voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
    ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Hi everybody,

I've just made a post on another (unnamed) thread where I give massive spoilers for a different franchise.
    Just want to reassure you that I don't know what I'm talking about. I've never read the book in question, and only used a couple of names I've heard.

(I'm posting here rather than there in case there's any truth to the idea that the other (unnamed) thread is being monitored! :P)

~ Mik
    "I've felt a great disturbance in The Force, as if a million voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."
    ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
    What are you talking about?
    And! If everybody leaves to go check out YOUR thread, does that mean they are going to leave my thread forever? 0_o

Also, my minimates arrived today. AWESOME.
    I didn't have time to make them pose all super cool, but! FAMILY PHOTO real fast. HELL YES.

I am pretty sure that Northstar's hair is not on straight. Oh well, someone always has to act up during the family photo, right?

These things are adorable and will forever keep me company on my office desk. LOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Hi everybody,

Just worked out what you mean...

It might be worth editing them out.

I'm watching the show and obviously things'll get changed between book and screen but I know people might get worked up if that is true.