Quote Originally Posted by tkmadison
Ah, see - I didn't know that. I would have thought that that had happened before it was concretely determined that Northstar was, in fact, gay. I know that it had sort of been hinted at close to the start, but unless it becomes really obvious...
At that point, JP's coming out wasn't for another few years, but considering the revelation, using strict gays agaist Kara would be moot, since we know that her powers worked on JP.

There are more and more old characters in the MU that are being reincarnated as gay. This is both good and bad, I think.
which quells naturally with my gripe against the media. Homosexuality is now becoming a fad - to be used as a 'quirk' or 'shock' medium. Ranks up there with the 'blaxpoitation' of the '70's - using something considered outside the norm that is quickly gaining acceptance as a gimmick (this is the prime reason I refuse to watch 'Will and Grace' and 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'. I'm to a point where I'm ready to start boycotting them)

I just read that Karma is gay...Going back to those old New Mutants comics, who the hell would have thought that?
But I suppose that if they don't show her with a boyfriend either, then it's open season.
You never see Walt with a dog, doens't mean he's allergic. Again, an example of using a minority for it's shock value. Ranks up there with Morrison's 'outting' Beast in X-Men a few years ago - a ploy I have to agree with (even if I don't like Morrison's run). Morrison used Hank to demonstrate such media-shock values as a derogation.

Ah, the joys of electronic communication, eh?
Heh, don't remind me.

By the way, where in BC are you roughly? I lived in Vancouver for about ten years, myself, and spent a year in Victoria as well.
I'm in Revelstoke, in the mountains (about 5 hours west of Calgary).

Loved a lot of aspects of it, but the lack of sunlight in winter drove me nuts.
Heh! That's funny: that's the same reason why I DID move here! originally, I'm from Yelloknife. Got tired of 8 mos of winter, so moved here, where we get a nice 3.5 mos instead.