On another thread I just speculated as to what would happen if Canada decided to follow the US' lead and create a team for each territory and province of Canada, with one additional team of experienced and / or exceptionally powerful members who would be the rapid response to handle national threats and back-up the local teams. I think it'd be an interesting experiment to try and come up with such a thing. So, for anyone who wants to play, here's the ground rules.

Teams - for the sake of tradition and argument, we'll assume the teams are identified as Alpha through Omega Flights, using whatever Greek letters you want to in between (eg feel free to skip using Pi Flight if you think that people would be sniggering at their name and heroes would be having the "Why do I have to be Mr. Pink" argument when asked to join it).

You have to cover each of the provinces and territories. That's a team apiece for Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon. Teams covering low population regions can have fewer members, but members for teams covering more inhospitable regions should probably be able to transport themselves (eg fly, teleport, or run really well) without relying too much on teammates. Teams should have between 4 and 6 members in an ideal world.

Members. Existing Canadian heroes from Marvel can be used. You can assume that anyone currently believed dead is still available, because this is Marvel, and no one stays dead forever. I have a theory that after 160 odd issues of Alpha Flight, Marvel has enough pre-existing characters to do this without having to create any more, so no making up brand new characters. Exceptions to this rule - (1) I think it is fair to allow a percentage of Canadian villains to reform and sign up, or where appropriate have someone else take up their mantle as a hero (e.g. Caliber signs away the rights to his armour to the government in return for a reduced sentence, and a new, heroic Caliber joins one of the teams). But there's got to be valid and non-stretching way of how the powers and abilities got transferred over - hence technological characters are probably best for this. (2) Second exception - if you are struggling to make the numbers, then out of copyright non-Marvel Canadian heroes are fair game (there's precendent for this). So you can plunder pre-existing Golden Age Canadian heroes for extra members.

Anyone up for the challenge?