Thread: I remember Marvel when it was......

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    I really wish that the industry would move to a season based model, like television. Twelve issues, then move on to the next big idea, creative team, etc. Commit to telling a good quality story with production value, then if the audience likes it continue with another season. If not move on. Sure there are cancelled shows, but for the most part the model works. Pilots could be your one shots or minis. Marvel relaunches titles wildly anyway.
    That's actually a really good idea. It would be nice if creative teams had a framework to work within. I was re-reading some of X-Factor and there was all sorts of loose ends because all indications were they didn't know they were being cancelled. Hell, they seemed to still have plans for Wildchild after issue #142, which effectively ended up being his extremely depressing last appearance in the title. If they knew how much time they had left, they could have planned, and he might never have ended up perfect fodder for Tierri. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    46,851 to 23,242 is though.

If the series got made ongoing purely on the numbers from #1.
    I'm pretty sure it's NORMAL for first issues to have unusually high sales. Collectors. If Marvel was going by the first issue's sales, then they're even bigger idiots than previously stated.
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 10-26-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?