Thread: Marvel sucking in the comic department.

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

First, Phil, I take your point: most of that was Marvel.

Second, that makes me sad. Most of those titles do not appeal to me in the slightest; I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness, crying out for the kinds of comics I like, realising that the problem is me after all.

Most of that list makes me think 'Oh, no, people are really reading this?!? In those kinds of numbers?!?' - not everything, but quite a lot of it.

I've read a total of two of those comics - Civil War #2, in trade, and Star Wars #1.

I read Civil War on the tail end of feeling the need to read 'major storylines' - and now I don't.

Star Wars is the only one that really appealed to me, and that turned out to be... okay. Not great, but okay - and I started asking myself very quickly 'if there've been Star Wars comics almost as long as I've been collecting, why have I just now started buying them?'.
    I dropped the series like a hot rock polka the second Vader Down was announced (crossovers? Once you start down that path, forever will they dominate your destiny).

P.S. Kudos to Newsarama for using the word 'penultimate' correctly!

~ Le Messor
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He wouldn't trust me so much."
    ~ Mother Teresa
    Last edited by Le Messor; 09-26-2016 at 04:57 PM.

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I liked civil war II issues 1-4 pretty well (again I must be the black sheep on this forum) 5 jumped off the rails.....especially when you taken in the events of Steven rogers cap 5 and cap sam wilson number 12. Nick Spencer turn steve Rogers back to normal all ready!
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd