Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Quebec City!!

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    it is simply to show that they have an accent, same reason that cut off letters of words that Mr. Jefferies says because he's got a hick type accent...might not be PC but it is to help make characters
    ok, then imagine your texas accent been written as if you where an englishman... Well, that's how close quebecer accents are to Inspecteur Clouseau accent, it's all wrong. I don't mind accent, but at least get it a little bit right. Gambit accent sound a lot closer to my accent than what been given to Aurora and sometimes Northstar and I'm not talking about Murmur

Touche

Welcome, Irisbleu! What a lovely screen name! Hope you'll be happy here! (Incidentally, I'm part French-Canadian myself, but only by ancestry -- my maternal grandfather was French-Canadian.)

Thank you for the comment about the screen name, this is kind!

Do you know what's your grand mother family name? I met many people in the States who have French Canadian ancestores. Lots of French Canadians immigrated to the States at the beginning of the 20th century, I think.

My mother's maiden name was Fournier. Her father's family came down from Quebec to settle in Minnesota. before moving east to New York.

Ah, Fournier, very common name here! That was a big family. Here, if you're interested, they have a web site in French and English for the Fournier living in North America: http://www.genealogie.org/famille/fo...urnierhome.htm

Thanks! This is fascinating, and my mother will be especially interested. Thank you for thinking of us.

You're welcome! You know, I had a great grand father whose name was Fournier, so maybe we're related just a little bit

That could be true! I told my mother today about the Fournier family website, (they don't have a computer), and she told me that the Fourniers used to have large families, (sixteen or eighteen children). So, yes, it's entirely possible!

That would be neat! It's good that your mother saw it!
    You know, all French Canadian families used to be very big (mostly because of the Catholic religion telling that they must have lots of children). My father had 20 brothers and sisters, my mother had 16. But now, French Canadians don't have that many kids...

Who can bloody afford to have lots of kids these days? I can barely afford to take care of myself!