Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil War: The Initiative- (SPOILERS!!) Alpha Flight related

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat

So, he's like Peter Petrelli from Heroes?
    Maybe, I don't think it's really clearly defined yet. Either way the effects of the big ball of mutant energy crashing into him were probably abnormal one way or the other (particularly considering that Xorn was in there).

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead

I'm surprised no one saw this. It made me giggle.
    I hope thats "made me giggle" in a good way...not "made me giggle" in a "what a wanker" kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Bane
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Well its obvious as to Why only sasquatch survived, its because while in his Sasquatch form Walter has quick healing, so where as the others would have died of wounds, sasquatch was healed from them.

The only one I'm sad about is puck, but then again he lived a long life.. the only 80 year old man still fighting lol..

Heather led the team for most of the time.. its time she was replaced sadly... but I honestly would have liked all to die but maybe her or puck and that person be in ICU for most of the series or in a coma.

Plus who knows, they made a big deal about Captain America being dead and yet in the Initiative Ms. Marvel tells Spider-woman that it was all a lie... so who knows... maybe this is all a lie?
    I dont think Mail man Mike is going to be the leader. I think USAgent is.
    Both choices are unappealing. It should be Talisman or Sasquatch only.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.. I can deal with Mike being in the costume, heck i can deal with him TRYING to lead the team... but what i can NOT and WILL NOT deal with is US Agent leading the team.. that is obsurd. I think Walter will lead the team honestly, the vibe from the Initiative gives Walter the power, and in the preview from the initiative it is WALTER who is lookign over all the individual files of the Omega Flight members.. so I have been under the impression that Walter would lead it... has anyone heard anything different? because all hell will break loose if US agent leads.. he's an amazing character but not one to lead Canada's super team

I seriously beleive it will be Walter

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by RatCat

So, he's like Peter Petrelli from Heroes?
    Maybe, I don't think it's really clearly defined yet. Either way the effects of the big ball of mutant energy crashing into him were probably abnormal one way or the other (particularly considering that Xorn was in there).
    So, basically, they can pretty much give him any power they want. That's... convienient.

Personally, I was holding out for Madison Jeffries.
    Mario

WOAH WOAH WOAH.. I can deal with Mike being in the costume, heck i can deal with him TRYING to lead the team... but what i can NOT and WILL NOT deal with is US Agent leading the team.. that is obsurd. I think Walter will lead the team honestly, the vibe from the Initiative gives Walter the power, and in the preview from the initiative it is WALTER who is lookign over all the individual files of the Omega Flight members.. so I have been under the impression that Walter would lead it... has anyone heard anything different? because all hell will break loose if US agent leads.. he's an amazing character but not one to lead Canada's super team

I seriously beleive it will be Walter
    If US agent happens to be the leader, it would have been by Stark's command, as he's Tony's man on the inside. I do not know who is the leader, but I can see how Stark and Richards might appoint him, if they feel they have more control over him.

Ben

except for they have no right to have a man on the inside in CANADA.. It isn't under Stark's Jurisdiction

except for they have no right to have a man on the inside in CANADA.. It isn't under Stark's Jurisdiction
    Hey, this is all just supposition, but they can do such a thing if they have an arrangement with Canadian government, which from the looks of Initiative, they do.

Ben

Which I suspect will be a point of conflict between members like USAgent and the Alphans.

Technically, SHIELD is a UN organization, so that's not entirely true.

I was under the impression Talisman was the leader... not sure why.
    Mario

Well, one problem is that writers may make Mailman Mike another nutjob. After all, he has the weight of killing hundreds of people, the awkwardness of getting a great job as a result of the murder of a hero and father (a murder he played a huge part in), and he was taken over by Xorneto.

Say he absorbs Purple Man's energy; the writer could easily have Purple Man's psyche dominate Pointer's and thus Pointer would act like Purple Man. What's to stop a writer from making the guy who looks like Guardian a mass murderer again?

Oeming likely will leave that alone but anyone else could easily turn the guy in the Guardian suit into a murderer again because of 'who' he absorbed, say a Rider of Apocalypse. There's every reason to think that will happen. Sometime.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Looking at that pic it looks like John is in the 'leadership' role. Talisman and Sasquatch and Vindicator (thats what Im calling Mail Man Mike until I know what name he is going to go by) are in secondary back up poses, (behind other people)

USAgent actually has leadership experience. I wonder if he will mention Cap's death in Omega Flight #1. After all, wouldnt he make the most sense to become the next Captain America?

Personally, I'd enjoy the idea of Bill as leader.

But then, I've been a fan of ol Horseface for YEARS.
    Mario

Even though US Agent is in the front, I still feel that the crossed arms pose of Squatch is very "leader-esque" He seems like he is overseeing everything.

And for the record I beleive that The Initiative stated that Postman Mike would become the next "Weapon Alpha"

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../003795489.cfm

"USAgent: After an assault from the Purple Man during Civil War, USAgent accepted Tony Stark’s offer to lead Canada’s new superteam."

Why Tony is appointing the leader of Canada's superhero team is beyond me, but hey, they got an American in the Guardian suit....holy crap! The US is taking over Canada!

MikeM

and now I'm pissed

Ok Ok ok maybe it can be pulled off.. maybe the inter-group conflict can be interesting.. but still come on... why put an american.. and esspecially one so "patriotic" as U S Agent as the leader? Sigh.... I like US Agent but not as the leader