Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: omega flight #1: "I got it!" thread! (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    When Walt sundered the barriers he released the physical embodiment of Tanaraq and contolled it for a while. Therefore a Walt/Tanaraq Hybrid. Tanaraq and Walt could both control the form.

Snowbirds Sas was a quirk, cos The Hybrid Creature had been created in Canada, Snowbird could transform into it. Therefore we have a unique creature with no connection to Tanaraq at all. Snowbird has been prone to losing out to the Bestial side of the creatures she became. So to me losing out to the a Wolverines bestial side is one thing, but losing out to the Bestial side of a creature that can throw a jet against thrust is another, thats why I think others told her not to use that form.

Sorry Sephirothskiller, but Walt/Tanaraq one thing, Snowbird/Hybrid another. IMHO
    Thank you, that's the point I was trying to make. Snowbird would have been a copy of the hybrid and therefore would only behave like Tanaraq and not be possessed by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    When Walt sundered the barriers he released the physical embodiment of Tanaraq and contolled it for a while. Therefore a Walt/Tanaraq Hybrid. Tanaraq and Walt could both control the form.

Snowbirds Sas was a quirk, cos The Hybrid Creature had been created in Canada, Snowbird could transform into it. Therefore we have a unique creature with no connection to Tanaraq at all. Snowbird has been prone to losing out to the Bestial side of the creatures she became. So to me losing out to the a Wolverines bestial side is one thing, but losing out to the Bestial side of a creature that can throw a jet against thrust is another, thats why I think others told her not to use that form.

Sorry Sephirothskiller, but Walt/Tanaraq one thing, Snowbird/Hybrid another. IMHO
    Thank you, that's the point I was trying to make. Snowbird would have been a copy of the hybrid and therefore would only behave like Tanaraq and not be possessed by him.
    It looks like we'll just have to agree to disagr- YOU'RE WRONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

:P

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd

YOU'RE WRONG TOO!!!, but our wrong is more righter than your wrong is.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Don't go trying to bring any kind of sense into this, there are unwritten forum protocols that strongly advice against that.

That's all fine and dandy, but Pestilence summoned the real Tanaraq through Snowbird. Also Talisman II took control of Snowbird's body through Tanaraq's connection to the spirit world, as when the control was released Snowbird had no idea what was going on. Also Wanda was approached by the Great Beasts and called her the real Tanaraq, not a hybrid.

Basically the way I see it, Snowbird opened up a door for Tanaraq to take control. Just like how Tundra, Ranaq, etc. can take control of hosts. Since Snowbird already prepped the body, all he needs is the mind.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Snowbird shouldn't have died like she did, anyway.

Tried to read through the stuff about the Walt/Sasquatch/Snowbird/Tanaraq who-has-whose-body...
    is it just me, or is tying all that old stuff into this 5 issue-mini series going to hender more than help?

Pestilence could not control all seven Great Beasts, and if it had been written correctly, would have been hard-pressed to control the most logical one: Somon. Once Pestilence was convinced he was in control of Somon, the Great Beasts should've shown Pestilence who was really the masters of death and decay. There would not have been a second Pestilence arc and Snowbird should not have died.

Too bad Marvel doesn't have imaginary stories.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

King Mungi -
    Just wanted to thank you for the scans. Your work here on the forum ALWAYS goes above and beyond the call of duty.
    Awesome!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Pestilence could not control all seven Great Beasts, and if it had been written correctly, would have been hard-pressed to control the most logical one: Somon. Once Pestilence was convinced he was in control of Somon, the Great Beasts should've shown Pestilence who was really the masters of death and decay. There would not have been a second Pestilence arc and Snowbird should not have died.

Too bad Marvel doesn't have imaginary stories.
    Agreed as noted:
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...light19-10.jpg

I just took it Pestilence summoned them and they just agreed to lend aid as he was another agent of death

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    King Mungi -
    Just wanted to thank you for the scans. Your work here on the forum ALWAYS goes above and beyond the call of duty.
    Awesome!
    Much appreicated, it's my goal to give AF their due respect.

Haha, so alot has gone by about Tan and the various different overtakings of various people, but I just got here and am gonna go ahead and exclaim 'I got it' too... I was so excited, and remain so excited right now... I bought it right before I had to get on the train and saved it at the bottom of my (very substantial surprisingly) pile of comic books to save the thrill, and what a thrill indeed. I was so excited about it that I actually did share it with other people on the train in a desperate and rare attempt to get them to understand. As compliments to the art, my art class teacher said that he thought the art was fantastic... I'm just so happy that the Flight is back once more and can't wait to buy another copy (of #1 and then #2...)
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I got my copy of Omega Flight #1 on Thursday, (sorry it took so long to reply). Just wanted to say, the book is excellent. My favorite parts are with Elizabeth Twoyoungmen, and --of course-- the Snowbird owl! Just beautiful. Can't wait till the real Snowbird makes an appearance! (Will she?)

Good work, Mike and Scott. Keep it coming.

I can see Elizabeth's boob in OF#1. :P

I think nip, too.

SPOILER IMAGE

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=865

I still don't understand how her costume stays on.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass

Love,
    rplass
    Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by rplass

Love,
    rplass
    Magic.
    Nah! Spirit Gum!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Default Talisman Costume

Talisman shops at the same super hero store as the rest of the community. What holds her costume on is a special super hero glue. Its the same stuff used to hold on those little masks worn by Robin and Nightwing. Its also used to hold on the outfit of the X-**** Emma Frost. Its actually existed for some time now. Its origins can be traced back to World War II and the first user of the product Bucky Barnes.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

no... emma frost doesn't use the super hero glue... she of all people would be fine if it fell off.. THAT HOE!