Thread: Grindhouse

Default Grindhouse

Has anybody seen this? It was so awful!! I loved it. I'm not a big fan of RR's directing style though, and I thought he did the graphics on the zombies a bit too well (I was expecting evil dead style) for a supposed B-Movie. Other than that. Awesome. Death Proof was beyond good once it got going.

Also, a Dartmouth boy, (My hometown!) won a contest put on by the Directors for the best fake two minute trailer. Entitled "Hobo With a Shotgun" it was shot for $150 dollars and features the character running along the top of a Canadian Naval Submarine (which they did NOT have permission to do.) If you live in Canada you can see the trailer in most theatres, if you don't then you can go to Youtube and look it up. WARNING: NSFW!

I loved Grindhouse so much I saw it twice this past weekend. That's right, I sat through a three hour movie twice!

I am old enough to remember the old grindhouses and that type of feel that they were going for in the film and they totally nailed it.

The faux trailers were awesome too. I especially like who they had playing Fu Manchu in one of the trailers (I won't spoil it).

Too bad it didn't do well at the box office this weekend.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Why oh why did they think releasing this movie on Eater Weekend was a good idea?
    I loved it. the best bad movie I've ever seen. I thought both stories were great and the trailers were awesome. Loved "Hobo with a Shotgun" although I don't think most of the crowd "got it."

I want to see a Machete movie now.

Hopefully it will do better this week from word of mouth.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino are genius...... The best directors of the new generation I think!

I loved Grinhouse.... But I really prefer Sin City, I watched it so many times, now I'm watching other versions (German, Japanese, Spanish) 'cause I'm almost sick of the French and the original version!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO

I want to see a Machete movie now.
    Good News: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

I love the fact that this character was originally seen in that god awful kids movie "spy kids."