Thread: So How Was Your Fathers Day?

Default So How Was Your Fathers Day?

Had a good day. Didn't get up until well late, but that's probably down to watching 'Sanctuary' until three in the morning. Cards from the kids and a floating balloon with #1 Dad on it from my two boys. A CD by a group called 'Paramon' from my daughter, but she knows the lead singer so probably some promotion in that . A good day.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Blimey, how old must yours all be by now? I think its been the best part of a decade since I saw you yet alone them....

The eldest is 25, then 24, 22, 20,19. The last time you saw them was when the 'HMF' stayed over after a Millar signing. May have been Ultimate X-Men or 'The Ultimates'. Whichever came first?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

My father's day so far has been a little bit of a let down. I picked my boy up from his grand parrents' house this morning, and we drove to town to watch a movie together. At the theater, there was no one working the ticket counter...I guess since it was sunday matine...I only had cash on me, nothing in my bank account, and the only way to get a ticket was from one of the machines that took plastic...so we were out of luck! We drove back home and played cards for the afternoon, now I'm off to work.

As an add on, my lads and good lady wife have been hinting about a night out without going into detail. Said it was part of my fathers day present. Upshot of all this being we end up at Tottenham Court Road and was treated to 'We Will Rock You' at the theatre. Now have whiplash and a head ache, but well worth it.
    Del

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    was treated to 'We Will Rock You' at the theatre. Now have whiplash and a head ache, but well worth it.
    I got to see that in Sydney - good show.

Hmm... Father's Day was confusing. It isn't celebrated until September in Australia, but I was in America. The kind lady at the liquor shop pointed out what day it was as my dad bought some wine with me...