{{Minor Characters|
image=[[Image:Ramsey_mcneil_1.jpg]]
|name=Ramsey McNeil
|known_relatives=[[McNeil Clair|Claire McNeil]] (Wife), [[McNeil Becky|Becky McNeil]] (daughter), James MacDonald Hudson ([[Guardian I]] son in law),[[Vindicator II|Heather Hudson]](daughter), six unnamed sons, one unamed daughter*
|debut=Alpha Flight #5 vol.1
|}}

==History==

Ramsey McNeil is kind and generous man, but a strict one. Raising seven kids of his own, and acting as the guardian to a friend's [[Talisman|daughter]], he had to be. Ramsey tried to teach his children the same morals and values he cherished. He was very disturbed when his oldest daughter, [[Vindicator II|Heather]], met and fell in love with a man who was several years older. His disapproval grew when [[Guardian I|Hudson]] and his daughter had a simple, non-religious, wedding ceremony. It hit a boiling point when [[Guardian I|Hudson]]'s friend [[Wolverine|Logan]] threatened McNeil with his claws.

Ramsey didn't speak to his daughter for many years, but they were able to eventually reconcile their differences. [[Vindicator II|Heather]], who had taken the costumed guise of [[Vindicator II]], helped rescue McNeil from an alien spore which was taking over human bodies and encassing them in tree-like shells.

Ramsey was not uncaring, he could appreciate how much sadness the death of [[Vindicator II|Heather]]'s husband caused her. He was very happy to see her find love again with [[Box IV|Madison Jeffries]], a man whom he got a long with much better than [[Guardian I|Hudson]].

==Footnotes==
''*Size of the McNeil Clan: In the backup story of Issue #5 (Vol. 1)it is said that the McNeils have 7 children. Issues #47 and #64 (Vol.1) states that the McNeils had nine children. Since the story in #5 was set in the past, at a time when Heather was quite young, it's likely Ramsey and Claire would have had two more children. One of these kids would have be a yet unidentifed daughter, since in the backup story of (Vol.1) #3 has the now adult Heather saying she has six brothers.''