Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    That's not what I was referring to, with Northstar kind of sort of no longer griping at Heather.
    I am confused then.
    I meant snarky jabs at her leadership skills (or lack of).
    Because that's what *I* was talking about.
    And I noticed a kind of turn away from that in the few issues I read yesterday.
    He had some realizations, then later on said something snarky to her again, and then had another small realization of sorts, and was fine after that.

Northstar was always best when he was snarky. His early battles with Walt, but with word and with fist, were some of what drew me to this series.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Northstar was always best when he was snarky. His early battles with Walt, but with word and with fist, were some of what drew me to this series.
    In the very first issue of AF, I didn't think I'd like Northstar OR Aurora because I felt the issue was really dramatic (with her fainting and all of that), but of course I grew fond of both characters as the series went on.
    Right now, I live for his snark.
    It's one of the only things that has kept me reading Mantlo's run.
    Because everytime Heather is written to think anything or say anything, I just want to sob.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    Just read all of #32.
    Wtf did I just read?

Whhhyyyyyy. WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY.
    PUCK.
    WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

So, seriously, Puck hasn't always been a dwarf?
    This has me seriously WTFing.
    Somebody has probably said how it could happen, but if RAZER was inside of Judd since the 1930s, why didn't he try to escape when Judd was nearly disemboweled (in AF vol.1 # 2)? Did he like being inside of Judd then, but just had to get out in AF# 32?

Hang on to something, CJ...it gets even more inconsistent from here.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 06-02-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Replaced by strangers...yeah, that's the ticket!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I am confused then.
    I meant snarky jabs at her leadership skills (or lack of).
    Because that's what *I* was talking about.
    Don't assume my memory of these events is that detailed. I'm thinking, though, that he will stop taking jabs at her eventually.

Also, Garry, you make a good point.

~ Le Messor
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."
    ~ Oscar Wilde

Don't assume my memory of these events is that detailed. I'm thinking, though, that he will stop taking jabs at her eventually.

Also, Garry, you make a good point.

~ Le Messor
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."
    ~ Oscar Wilde
    I would never assume such things.

In the very first issue of AF, I didn't think I'd like Northstar OR Aurora because I felt the issue was really dramatic (with her fainting and all of that), but of course I grew fond of both characters as the series went on.
    Right now, I live for his snark.
    It's one of the only things that has kept me reading Mantlo's run.
    Because everytime Heather is written to think anything or say anything, I just want to sob.
    If you like Northstar's snarkiness, then there are probably more than a few early guest appearances of Alpha Flight that uphold that tradition. I'm thinking perhaps the Machine Man appearance, for instance? I'm sure somebody here who is more knowledgeable about these things could probably point you towards a few of these said guest appearances and such. Most of them are sure to be easier-to-swallow than a lot of Mantlo's run, unfortunately.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I LOVE Northstar's snarkiness...towards Heather.

I recently received an order of a bunch of different Northstar-related reads.
    I wish Aurora was used as much as Northstar is (or has been lately, but he could still use a better part in AXM).

I will be ordering more AF today, so I am probably going to put off reading the rest of what I have for a few days (I only have 7 issues left to read, and I know I will go through those fast).

Much reading has happened in the past week or so.
    I made it up to #44 or #45.
    Which ever has Sasquatch's return.
    So, yeah, Pestilence possessed Snowbird's unborn baby. O_o
    Heather had to kill Sasquatchbird, her husband, and her baby O_o
    Spirit Snowbird, husband, and baby were accepted by the gods into paradise.
    SnowbirdSasquatch returned from the dead because: Pestilence became Sasquatch.
    Oh, Smart Alec's body came out of Shaman's pouch possessed by Walter because he had no mind.
    All fought SnowbirdSasquatch's body possessed by Pestilence.
    Couldn't beat Pestilence so Walter (who was in Box) then possessed SnowbirdSasquatch's body.
    Aurora who had just had sexy times with the new and improved Bochs then realizes Walter is back (this may not be in order), asks about his ability to morph into a human.
    He does, but he's a woman.
    THE END OF WHAT I HAVE READ.

I left out the painful ups and downs of Heather's stupid thought bubbles, and Puck's "OHMYGODILOVEHEATHERBUTSHECANNOTLOVEADWARF" woe moments.

I am not thinking too much about what I just read because WTF.

So, yeah, Pestilence possessed Snowbird's unborn baby. O_o
    Heather had to kill Sasquatchbird, her husband, and her baby O_o
    Welcome to the worse part of Alpha Flight, for me. Well one of the worse. You still have the Llan the Sorcerer story ahead of you... But this particular story really bothered me, because it just continued to ruin Heather's character of "There's no way to help them - so kill them!" motto. And it was freaking Snowbird. One of my all time favorites...

Oh, Smart Alec's body came out of Shaman's pouch possessed by Walter because he had no mind.
    Begs to question, what happened to Smart Alec's mind...

THE END OF WHAT I HAVE READ.
    I left out the painful ups and downs of Heather's stupid thought bubbles, and Puck's "OHMYGODILOVEHEATHERBUTSHECANNOTLOVEADWARF" woe moments.
    I am not thinking too much about what I just read because WTF.
    Keep reading. It gets worse, then eventually better. And a little confusing. Then a lot confusing.

Oh! And I forgot to mention Purple Girl and the mind-rapey thing she did to Northstar.
    And how Heather's freaking fantastic comment about how he was only upset because it was a girl.
    HOW AWESOME WAS THAT?!?!

That was an even larger WTF reading moment for me than Heather killing SasquatchBird, her husband, and her baby. <---Not that that didn't WTF me, but Heather just cannot get much more stupid at this point to me.

Oh, and AURORA.
    All the jokes and thought bubbles at the expense of Northstar's sexuality.
    *siiiigggghhhhh*

That was an even larger WTF reading moment for me than Heather killing SasquatchBird, her husband, and her baby. <---Not that that didn't WTF me, but Heather just cannot get much more stupid at this point to me.
    We agree.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

And that, Crackity, is why people hate Mantlo's run so.

And that, Crackity, is why people hate Mantlo's run so.
    No, not me. At first, I hated it mainly because of the art; very dark, creepy, and ink-y. Yuck. His writing style and his disregard for the characters? - I learned to hate that a bit later.