Thread: Original Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Heathernator and the bank-robbers

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Do they? I've recently started drawing my own comic*, and I'm doing my own weird style of layouts (sometimes thumbnails, sometimes sketching a bunch of panels I'll need, then figuring out how they'll go together on a page), [do you have any drawings you want to post? G/A-F] but I've figured out that one advantage I have over a professional is, I have time to draft. It makes sense, but I wouldn't have thought it'd give a pro much time. (I'm not doing it 9-5 like a pro would, but it can still take weeks to do a single page.)

How much time and how many pages John Calimee had to produce (monthly and/or bi-weekly) is something I have been hoping someone would consider when taking his run into consideration. Getting the books out on time seemed to be the biggest concern, at that time. The consequences of not making a deadline were/are...? G/A-F

Do you refer here to the Fear Itself volume? (That's the only one that fits the description, but I think of it as v5 - I imagine you're not counting Omega?) No, I'm referring to premeditated murder with Dept. H goons in on it, destruction of public and private property, assault on police officer(s), and sedition....all of which happened in volume 4.

7/21/2023 - I went back and looked at all 8 indicia pages, which should have the official, definitive designation of what the series is called, and it doesn't refer to it as "volume 4" but it also doesn't refer to it as "Fear Itself." Just "ALPHA FLIGHT." The trade-dress on the covers of #s 1 - 4 show it ties in with the actual "Fear Itself" series, but the two comics are not the same thing.

* I got tired of doing random doodles during meetings at work, and started doing a comic instead. True story.

~ Le Messor
    "Forget it. No Civil War picture ever made a nickel."
    ~ MGM executive, advising against investing in Gone With The Wind

I don't think that saying "The Master made me do it" is going to hold much water where "Heather's" cousins are concerned. G/A-F
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-21-2023 at 10:54 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I've recently started drawing my own comic
    [do you have any drawings you want to post? G/A-F]
    I've considered it. The only copies I have electronic at the moment are pdfs, though. I was about to say that's not suitable for (direct) posting here, but I don't actually know.
    Also, I consider it to be in draft mode: I've been taking the versions I've done at work (which is up to page 14) and taking it home and redrawing it on graph paper at comic artboard size (I've got about 9 of those done), but it turns out graph paper shows up in scans far too well. I haven't inked yet. (I'll probably trace the inks onto plain paper.)

(Warning, and I know this didn't enter into your question: It isn't Alpha-related.)

How much time and how many pages John Calimee had to produce (monthly and/or bi-weekly) is something I have been hoping someone would consider when taking his run into consideration.
    Yeah, but... (almost) all comic artists have that same restriction. Maybe that's part of why he's said he wasn't ready?

Do you refer here to the Fear Itself volume? (That's the only one that fits the description, but I think of it as v5 - I imagine you're not counting Omega?)
    No, I'm referring to premeditated murder with Dept. H goons in on it, destruction of public and private property, assault on police officer(s), and sedition....all of which happened in volume 4.
    I still think you're referring to the Fear Itself volume - when I say that, I only mean the one that sprang out of Fear Itself, the latest one, which you're describing. That's the volume where Heather shot her cousin.
    I'm sure it is volume 4, but I think of it as 5. Because my mind happens that way.

~ Le Messor
    "Fear knocked at my door. Faith opened that door and no one was there."
    ~ Author Unknown