Thread: A First Look at Eaglesham's Alpha Flight Pt. 1

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I keep thinking I remember seeing the twins running superfast under Byrne... but I'm probably wrong. Uncanny #121?

- Le Messor
    "I watched (The Phantom Menace) with a group of cheerleaders, and they all said the same thing: If I let them go, they wouldn't tell anybody."
    - Red Letter Phantom Menace review
    Nope and he just recently addressed this very topic over at the Byrne Robotics forum.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...=2&totPosts=29
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Nope and he just recently addressed this very topic over at the Byrne Robotics forum.

I was more interested in this:

One of the most gratifying experiences of my convention appearances over the years has been having Gay fans come up to my table and thank me for Northstar. Even tho the Code and Shooter would not let me state explicitly that Jean-Paul was Gay, evidently I was un-subtle enough in my writing of him that the “message” got thru — and at just the right time for a lot of people.

Very encouraging to think that something as generally inconsequential as a comicbook can nevertheless reach out to people in a positive way.
    As hard as Byrne is on Alpha Flight, it’s nice to know that he figures something worthwhile came out of the time he spent on the book.

So far as it being a "retcon" goes, I kind of have to shrug. Whatever the authorial intent, what's on the page is ambivalent at best. Plus, Byrne showed the twins being able to move individual body parts at extremely high speeds -- if they can throw one hundred punches in a second, why shouldn't they be able to move at superhuman speeds so far as running goes as well? Granted, I'd be willing to say they can probably fly faster than they can run, though.

LOL!! That was my question to him....don't tell anyone I am not really Hank Pym!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankpym View Post
    LOL!! That was my question to him....don't tell anyone I am not really Hank Pym!!
    Of course.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hankpym View Post

You're not?
    Wait... how do we know you're not Mel Torm
    é?

LOL...That's funny, since he's the dipspit that released Bedlam...But you never know.
    Under Mantlo, which they've said they're ignoring. Well, kind of.
    Oooohh... dip spit... I thought you'd misspelled 'despot'.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    I don't think those were blisters but rather "future egg sacks".
    Probably;
    I'm using 'blisters' as a visual description, and it's not meant to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Heh. You just used the words "Aurora" and "alone" in the same sentence.
    "... with herselves..."

- Le Messor
    "If an MPD threatens suicide, is it considered a hostage situation?"

Last edited by Le Messor; 04-01-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: random formatting annoyances...

I added a bit of colour to the Marrina sketch. Nothing major but I think it gives it a bit of life.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Nice.
    That really works for me.

If feels like Marrina Classic, keeps a single colour scheme, but doesn't feel dulled-down or filtered.

Dude, go pro.
    Plz?

- Le Messor
    "I think not!"
    ~ conceivably the last words of Rene Descartes