Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Getting part of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

Y'know, I've never had a problem with her being in the suit, though. I don't think it makes any difference to how she leads.
    I think it does: Roger and Mr. Jeffries used remnants of Delphine Courtney to build Heather's suit.

What does make a difference is what happened at the same time - the book changed writers. Sorry to harp on the old thing here, but I think she'd have been just as bad, made all the same decisions with or without the suit under Mantlo.
    Only if the writer were deliberately trying to do something totally opposite/out-of-character to what had been established. Originally, Heather helped Mac create the team; the Mantlo era repeatedly states that she was just a housewife and had nothing to do with it.

Granted, she wouldn't have killed Snowbird herself (she cannae do it, she doesnae have the power!), but she probably would have made one of the team do it for her.
    Please! Vindicator killing Snowbird was bad enough. Having somebody else do it...
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 06-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I think it does: Roger and Mr. Jeffries used remnants of Delphine Courtney to build Heather's suit.
    and...

Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
    Exactly how I feel. I acknowledge that it's the by-product of terrible writing, but no matter how often Heather said she felt she was making an impossible decision, it always came off as though she could hardly wait.
    At least Mac only got HIMSELF killed repeatedly. Faint praise, I understand, but still...
    ... this!

Pure. Comedy. GOLD.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Good point.
    And if it had been brought up more than about once in the entire run, it might've even helped!

Only if the writer were deliberately trying to do something totally opposite/out-of-character to what had been established. Originally, Heather helped Mac create the team; the Mantlo era repeatedly states that she was just a housewife and had nothing to do with it.
    Yes, you're right... no out-of-characterness there!

Please! Vindicator killing Snowbird was bad enough. Having somebody else do it...
    I know, right?

~ LM