Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I actually thought she was written pretty badly. After everything Heather has been through she'd be stronger than that. She seems to be a 'woe is me, my husband left me' stereotype. She was never that, even pre-Mantlo/suit/leadership she was the strong, assertive type and the behind-the-scenes glue that held the team together.
    Well, I took into consideration that apparently she and Mac had some kind of very bad fight and that Mac might not come back from this one, even if he was able. I can see some woe-as-me being warranted there. As I said in my review, I would like to hopefully hear exactly WHAT the fight was. Considering the "bad year" she mentions - I suspect, that this has something to do with her being brain washed (from the previous volume) and "fixed", and perhaps, finally addressing their (unnamed) daughter's fate. From what I am reading into it - that her woe-is-me attitude is warranted - and an upset Mac may have been a little too careless with the Wendigo situation, because he was still upset at Heather over whatever it is they fought about... I suspect that it will all be brought up and cleared up.

But that's me having faith in the writing, which so far, as been pretty solid in Amazing X-Men. Especially with Yost at the helm, who has been knocking it out the part with New Warriors.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 06-23-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    finally addressing their (unnamed) daughter's fate.
    Volume 4 #2 named her as Claire.

But that's me having faith in the writing, which so far, as been pretty solid in Amazing X-Men. Especially with Yost at the helm, who has been knocking it out the part with New Warriors.
    #8 was Kyle & Yost's first issue of Amazing X-Men though.
    I've tended to enjoy Yost's solo work more than his co-written work, strangely.
    Last edited by Phil; 06-23-2014 at 04:58 PM.